Stock Market Day-Trading Discussion Thread

This is more like it. I want to see a 100 pt drop at least today. This makes me feel a bit better.

Just need to control the pull back, can't let the bears maul us and cause us to run away!

Stochastics...

3 Min = Moving up from lows

5 Min = Just Crossed, moving up from lows

10 Min = Still on the way down, but at the lows

15 Min = Half way down.

30 Min = 1/3 of the way down.

60 Min = Just crossed, started to move down.

So...we have a bit more to go, I would like to see the S&P pull back to the 72 level and add on to support there before we move back up.

Market is too heated, needs to cool and catch a breath. 30 and 60 stochastics need to bottom without doing to much damange to the markets....AKA mass sell off at the end.

Well guys, this is my 1,000th post. I've had a lot of fun posting about stocks and the economy as a general, and I really hope that I've offered some knowledge about it.

If even one person learned something, then I'm happy. Saying this, I'm also retiring BV. I don't plan on posting about stocks, options, economy etc. anymore.

I will most likely create a new avatar BlackVault CM2 or something (don't want to mis-lead anybody)...But I'll mainly be a lurker and pop a post here and there.

Like I said it's been fun, and I wish all of you luck. Make some money!

[quote author="BlackVault CM" date=1236995369]Well guys, this is my 1,000th post. I've had a lot of fun posting about stocks and the economy as a general, and I really hope that I've offered some knowledge about it.

If even one person learned something, then I'm happy. Saying this, I'm also retiring BV. I don't plan on posting about stocks, options, economy etc. anymore.

I will most likely create a new avatar BlackVault CM2 or something (don't want to mis-lead anybody)...But I'll mainly be a lurker and pop a post here and there.

Like I said it's been fun, and I wish all of you luck. Make some money!</blockquote>

I'm a little confused and sad, why?

[quote author="BlackVault CM" date=1236995369]Well guys, this is my 1,000th post. I've had a lot of fun posting about stocks and the economy as a general, and I really hope that I've offered some knowledge about it.

Like I said it's been fun, and I wish all of you luck. Make some money!</blockquote>
Yeah man, what's up? They blocking your IHB access at work? PM me if it's of a personal nature.

[quote author="BlackVault CM" date=1236995369][quote author="BlackVault CM" date=1227594833]The above will also be my last info on my personal trades or my opinion on where the market is going. Going stealth...*POOF* ;) </blockquote>

Well guys, this is my 1,000th post. I've had a lot of fun posting about stocks and the economy as a general, and I really hope that I've offered some knowledge about it.

a little deja vu here, but sorry to see you go

[quote author="BLUE FIRE" date=1236998107][quote author="BlackVault CM" date=1236995369][quote author="BlackVault CM" date=1227594833]The above will also be my last info on my personal trades or my opinion on where the market is going. Going stealth...*POOF* ;) </blockquote>

a little deja vu here, but sorry to see you go</blockquote>

Yeah I was PM'd by several individuals asking me to stay and keep offering comments. So I agreed.

[quote author="BlackVault CM2" date=1236998295][quote author="BLUE FIRE" date=1236998107][quote author="BlackVault CM" date=1236995369][quote author="BlackVault CM" date=1227594833]The above will also be my last info on my personal trades or my opinion on where the market is going. Going stealth...*POOF* ;) </blockquote>

a little deja vu here, but sorry to see you go</blockquote>

Yeah I was PM'd by several individuals asking me to stay and keep offering comments. So I agreed.</blockquote>

Will the same strategy work this time around? :)

In all seriousness though, what is the nature of your concerns?

Nooooo! I am sorry to hear that but I understand.

Edited to add: I can't let BV disappear into the background without giving credit where credit is due. I have been quiet on here, but behind the scenes, I have taken an interest in learning more about trading and have sought out his wisdom. He has been very helpful (and exceptionally patient, I must say.) He took a person who didn't know which way was up, and for weeks on end - he has been a great teacher, showing me the ropes. As a beginner, I have asked the lamest of questions and he has never once made me feel stooopid. The tools he has given me have allowed me to generate income exceeding my previous rate by far. For all these things, I am very appreciative and glad to have him on this board. Thanks, BV!

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1237000365][quote author="BlackVault CM" date=1236995369]Well guys, this is my 1,000th post. I've had a lot of fun posting about stocks and the economy as a general, and I really hope that I've offered some knowledge about it.

Nooooo! I am sorry to hear that but I understand.

Edited to add: I can't let BV disappear into the background without giving credit where credit is due. I have been quiet on here, but behind the scenes, I have taken an interest in learning more about trading and have sought out his wisdom. He has been very helpful (and exceptionally patient, I must say.) He took a person who didn't know which way was up, and for weeks on end - he has been a great teacher, showing me the ropes. As a beginner, I have asked the lamest of questions and he has never once made me feel stooopid. The tools he has given me have allowed me to generate income exceeding my previous rate by far. For all these things, I am very appreciative and glad to have him on this board. Thanks, BV!</blockquote>

That is so cool to hear. I know that BV has helped me make some money, and saved me from losing too. He has definitely made me feel like there are no stupid questions, and I have asked some questions that looking back could have been considered stupid, but instead I learned something new that no book could teach as easily as he did. I'd love to hear more about what you have done in trading, and I would hope you feel more open about asking questions publicly. There really are no stupid questions, and the more we can learn from each other, the more money we can make.

[quote author="biscuitninja" date=1237249499]I don't know what's wrong... but i've been playing with C - Citi and uhhh i'm doing ok.... this is a new-ish experience for me.

-bix</blockquote>
That's the feeling of catching a dead cat bounce. I'm still holding on tight to my SSO and BAC calls.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1237251456][quote author="biscuitninja" date=1237249499]I don't know what's wrong... but i've been playing with C - Citi and uhhh i'm doing ok.... this is a new-ish experience for me.

-bix</blockquote>
That's the feeling of catching a dead cat bounce. I'm still holding on tight to my SSO and BAC calls.</blockquote>

Well at least i'm making money from that dead cat bounce(es). Wow, some people just can't leave it alone.

Yep, i've also been doing the BAC stuff too. Just not as much.

-bix

[quote author="biscuitninja" date=1237256421][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1237251456][quote author="biscuitninja" date=1237249499]I don't know what's wrong... but i've been playing with C - Citi and uhhh i'm doing ok.... this is a new-ish experience for me.

-bix</blockquote>
That's the feeling of catching a dead cat bounce. I'm still holding on tight to my SSO and BAC calls.</blockquote>

Well at least i'm making money from that dead cat bounce(es). Wow, some people just can't leave it alone.

-bix</blockquote>

Isn't that what trading is? Making money from whatever movement you are good at determining?

[quote author="awgee" date=1237259029][quote author="biscuitninja" date=1237256421][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1237251456][quote author="biscuitninja" date=1237249499]I don't know what's wrong... but i've been playing with C - Citi and uhhh i'm doing ok.... this is a new-ish experience for me.

-bix</blockquote>

-bix</blockquote>

Isn't that what trading is? Making money from whatever movement you are good at determining?</blockquote>

Yep it sure is.... i'm just suprised that LOTS of people buy into a stock with the expectation it will go up to its former price.

Not that I feed of such behavior. LOL!

I'm wondering if anyone has had this happen to them...

I am reading the "Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options" document provided by my broker. In it, it says:

<em>"An assigned (option) writer may not receive notice of the assignment until one or more days after the assignment has been made by the OCC. Once an exercise has been assigned to the writer, the writer may no longer close out the assigned position in a closing purchase transaction, whether or not he has received notice of the assignment. In that circumstance, an attempted closing purchase would be treated as an opening purchase transaction."</em>

I guess I should either treat this as just a disclaimer in the off-chance this were to happen and hope that it's uncommon...or be concerned if this is known to happen regularly... because I would find it pretty inconvenient to buy back calls in an attempt to close out my position, only to find out they had been assigned and the purchase was a buy to open. What made me read this was that I was sent a customary alert - notifying me that we are reaching the expiration date of March contracts and they suggested they may not notify me if/when the options I wrote are assigned, with a link providing that information. Have you ever had your broker not notify you or take days to do so? Thanks.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1237251456][quote author="biscuitninja" date=1237249499]I don't know what's wrong... but i've been playing with C - Citi and uhhh i'm doing ok.... this is a new-ish experience for me.

-bix</blockquote>

For being a dead cat... it is pretty animated.

I'm just waiting for it to trip over its shoe lace though.

good luck

-bix

[quote author="biscuitninja" date=1237415176][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1237251456][quote author="biscuitninja" date=1237249499]I don't know what's wrong... but i've been playing with C - Citi and uhhh i'm doing ok.... this is a new-ish experience for me.

-bix</blockquote>

good luck

-bix</blockquote>
I'm gonna sell my SSO March calls today...put a sell order in for $3.10 (picked them up for $1.55 last week). I might buy some puts against my BAC calls to lock in my profits.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1237420205][quote author="biscuitninja" date=1237415176][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1237251456][quote author="biscuitninja" date=1237249499]I don't know what's wrong... but i've been playing with C - Citi and uhhh i'm doing ok.... this is a new-ish experience for me.

-bix</blockquote>

good luck

-bix</blockquote>
I'm gonna sell my SSO March calls today...put a sell order in for $3.10 (picked them up for $1.55 last week). I might buy some puts against my BAC calls to lock in my profits.</blockquote>
That order was filled about a minute ago at $3.10. I could have held on longer but I dont want to be greedy...a 100% return in about a week makes me happy.

Back