Steppin' Down

[quote author="caycifish"]It was merely factual evidence that did not lend itself to SoCal's explanations. [/quote]

I don't understand what "evidence" doesn't match with the explanation I have provided you. It seems as though you're trying to assign a deliberate inconsistancy to me. There isn't any that I'm aware of. Are you trying to prove that some filters are manually added? Of course they are! I never meant to imply otherwise. This software comes pre-loaded with some filters but not all, of course. Like I said, the purpose is to prevent the site from being defaced in several ways and one way is with bombardment of advertisements. I never claimed it runs the gamut from A to Z (it does on some things but not all) or that all entries are made automatically. I gave you a truthful answer.

Same feelings as Haiku that this thread has little to do with dining. Will be moved to Water Cooler. I may respond to user's sincere questions but I will no longer reply to anything that contains accusations, rhetorical questions, or personal attacks.

[quote author="haiku"]Moderators, please let us know when someone is assigned to start moderating all the bullcr@p written in the food and dining section. I refuse to open threads that go unmoderated regarding topics like $1 oatmeal at jamba juice.

But seriously, eval and cayci, you're being just as sensitive as the people you're accusing of being overly sensitive. I'm sure there's more to it, but that's what pm is for and do your job as moderator and save us from having to read about personal beefs that go beyond the internet.[/quote]

Sorry my post wasn't up to your standards...
images

Hmmm, one of the forum sections is titled "Speak Freely". Should I consider that to be an invitation?

[quote author="cameray"]
[quote author="haiku"]Moderators, please let us know when someone is assigned to start moderating all the bullcr@p written in the food and dining section. I refuse to open threads that go unmoderated regarding topics like $1 oatmeal at jamba juice.

But seriously, eval and cayci, you're being just as sensitive as the people you're accusing of being overly sensitive. I'm sure there's more to it, but that's what pm is for and do your job as moderator and save us from having to read about personal beefs that go beyond the internet.[/quote]

images
[/quote]

It's really unfortunate that tjere is no "Thanks" or "Exalt" function here. That post deserves sincere appreciation.

[quote author="winex"]Hmmm, one of the forum sections is titled "Speak Freely". Should I consider that to be an invitation?[/quote]

Everybody at O.C.R. (Reader, not Register) should thank Winex for his suggestion. He is a strong believer of free speech. When some of the founders of OC Reader wanted him silenced at times, he's never requested the same thing in return. In fact - just the opposite. He's always encouraged to let people have their say no matter how different their opinions are from his own. This time is no different. I think it was a mistake for me to create additional filters even if I felt the site here could be abused. In the interest of "less is more", I have removed them upon his suggestion. Please, everybody who wants to be in the company of folks such as Nude, Graphrix, Cayci, and Eva - go visit their site to hang out. Okay, thank you.

[quote author="cameray"]

images
[/quote]

Would this cost me $1?

[quote author="cameray"]

images
[/quote]
Best picture on TI! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

[quote author="graceomalley"]
[quote author="cameray"]

images
[/quote]

Would this cost me $1? [/quote]

Yes...for the oatmeal...LOL

[quote author="SoCal78"]
[quote author="winex"]Hmmm, one of the forum sections is titled "Speak Freely". Should I consider that to be an invitation?[/quote]

Everybody at O.C.R. (Reader, not Register) should thank Winex for his suggestion. He is a strong believer of free speech. When some of the founders of OC Reader wanted him silenced at times, he's never requested the same thing in return. In fact - just the opposite. He's always encouraged to let people have their say no matter how different their opinions are from his own. This time is no different. I think it was a mistake for me to create additional filters even if I felt the site here could be abused. In the interest of "less is more", I have removed them upon his suggestion. Please, everybody who wants to be in the company of folks such as Nude, Graphrix, Cayci, and Eva - go visit their site to hang out. Okay, thank you.[/quote]

Nice change of tone from your previous post about me. I guess that I am right, I am not welcome. Don't worry, I am not the "monster" that SoCal claims that I am. It also proves that those who "accused" you of manually adding the filter to the site were right. All you had to do was be up front and honest about it, or better yet... just didn't do it in the first place. This wasn't a big deal until you made it one.

[quote author="graphrix"]
Nice change of tone from your previous post about me. I guess that I am right, I am not welcome. Don't worry, I am not the "monster" that SoCal claims that I am. It also proves that those who "accused" you of manually adding the filter to the site were right. All you had to do was be up front and honest about it, or better yet... just didn't do it in the first place. This wasn't a big deal until you made it one. [/quote]

Graph, this post was not directed at you. I stand by my initial response to you that I believe you have the ability to make positive contributions. Hopefully that clears up any confusion. I repeat: I've only been honest here in what I've written from the very beginning. We reserve the right to experiment with various kinds of moderation (from light to possibly none in the future) and we will see what works best for us. Here's a thought that might work for everybody. I would enjoy seeing the site go in a positive direction with quality content, with the focus on conversations that matter to our local residents and assist them instead of internet novella. If you would like to be part of that, then feel free to stay. If you feel there is anything you need to resolve with me personally, again, my PM button still works and I will make myself available to you. If you're not interested in resolution or positive contributions but are intent on wallowing in negativity, then I will understand if you want to seek out a better avenue that will make you happy.

[quote author="cameray"]

images
[/quote]

HAHA...great photo. Just in case, I was being sarcastic...nothing threatening about the food and dining section or the $1 oatmeal at jamba juice thread.

Now let me be serious for a moment. Are you cute? Cause then kissing your arse would actually sound fun <!-- s:p -->:p<!-- s:p -->

[quote author="Panda "]Dude! She's a married woman![/quote]

She initiated.
You should've responded by saying, "SHE IS HOT but she's a married woman". But you didn't and that's jacked up. The TI community is waiting for your apology.

[quote author="cameray"]
[quote author="haiku"]

HAHA...great photo. Just in case, I was being sarcastic...nothing threatening about the food and dining section or the $1 oatmeal at jamba juice thread.

Now let me be serious for a moment. Are you cute? Cause then kissing your arse would actually sound fun <!-- s:p -->:p<!-- s:p -->[/quote]

Quite the charmer, aren't you... lol[/quote]

No ones ever said that to me. Thank you so much!!! But that LOL at the end is kind of throwing me off.
Anywhoo...let's meet that guy and go over to the bluewater grill tonight...just print out their coupon and bring your wallet cause I always forget to bring mine.

[quote author="cameray"]
[quote author="haiku"]

She initiated.
You should've responded by saying, "SHE IS HOT but she's a married woman". But you didn't and that's jacked up. The TI community is waiting for your apology.[/quote]

I'd like to defuse this if I can?I was originally going to post the following comment but decided against it?my mistake.

I find your comments both rude and uncalled for?besides I thought people liked my coupons? :'(

haiku appears to have a very wry sense of humor that I didn't pick up on at first?my bad.

[/quote]

I am rude, but like my favorite group once sang,
Blame it on the rain...eu, eu, eu

[quote author="graphrix"]
[quote author="SoCal78"]

Everybody at O.C.R. (Reader, not Register) should thank Winex for his suggestion. He is a strong believer of free speech. When some of the founders of OC Reader wanted him silenced at times, he's never requested the same thing in return. In fact - just the opposite. He's always encouraged to let people have their say no matter how different their opinions are from his own. This time is no different. I think it was a mistake for me to create additional filters even if I felt the site here could be abused. In the interest of "less is more", I have removed them upon his suggestion. Please, everybody who wants to be in the company of folks such as Nude, Graphrix, Cayci, and Eva - go visit their site to hang out. Okay, thank you.[/quote]

Nice change of tone from your previous post about me. I guess that I am right, I am not welcome. Don't worry, I am not the "monster" that SoCal claims that I am. It also proves that those who "accused" you of manually adding the filter to the site were right. All you had to do was be up front and honest about it, or better yet... just didn't do it in the first place. This wasn't a big deal until you made it one. [/quote]

Graphrix, step back for a moment here.

There was a filter on the word ocreader.com on this site. SoCal and I talked about it, and she realized that censorship is wrong. So she took it off and made a public announcement on the subject.

The decision to stop the censorship was hers.

The decision to go public was hers.

Being human, SoCal is not perfect and will occasionally make mistakes and/or let emotions cloud her judgment. Just like anyone else.

But in my opinion the what is more than the ability to avoid human tendencies and lead is error free life is the ability to do the right thing when you inevitably make a mistake.

On a personal note, I think SoCal should be commended for trying to right a wrong. It certainly beats the actions of someone you have chosen as a moderator at your forum.

I think that over time people will enjoy free speech and lack of censorship available here. I know that I certainly don't see myself participating in a forum with a moderator who actually slapped me with a TOS warning that wasn't based on anything I said or did, but rather was based on thoughts that she assumed I was thinking.

Like SoCal said after this post I am replying to, you are welcome here. The choice whether or not to participate is yours.

[quote author="haiku"]
Blame it on the rain...eu, eu, eu[/quote]
Milli Vanilli Bonus Points! But I think you spliced a little "Girl you know it's true" in there.

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]
[quote author="haiku"]
Blame it on the rain...eu, eu, eu[/quote]
Milli Vanilli Bonus Points! But I think you spliced a little "Girl you know it's true" in there.[/quote]

Dude, I used to love Milli Vanilli when i was young little Panda!

"Girl you know it's true oh oh oh I love you."
;D

[quote author="SoCal78"]

Speaking of O.C.R.--

I noticed that OC Reader has Talk Irvine listed on their Blogroll. Does TI plan on doing the same?

Back