Stafford at Greenwood

estrader said:
So I'm looking at the second release, Stinson 3xcr.  I saw the 3xc in the brochure, the C stands for cottage right? Or is it craftsman bungalow?  If that is the case, what's the "R" mean because there are also 3xc's.

Also if it's the craftsman bungalow I noticed that there isn't a balcony. Is this an add on for all models?

R means Reverse.  So the layout of the house is not exactly the same as shown in the brochure but a mirror image (A kitchen on the right in the floor plan will be on the left in the 'R' ones, etc.).

C stands for Cottage.  The balcony is part of the elevation design.  Elevation B (Monterey) is the only one that has a balcony.  So if you want the balcony, you'll have to choose 3B or 3BR.

The only 2 comparable lots between phase 1 and 2 are lot #351 (phase 1) and #355 (phase 2).  Both are plan 3, similar location, similar lot size, same pre-plotted upgrades.  Lot 351 was $1,225,900 and lot 355 is $1,241,900.  The only difference is the elevation (Adobe Ranch for lot 351 vs Cottage for 355).  Does that mean prices have gone up $16K?

qwerty said:
i havent had time to look at both time sheets, was going to tonite. either they got a reality check or there are some lot premiums/discounts from one phase to the next or perhaps structural items or combo of all of them.

i think someone had asked - the conversion of the garage space into the guest suite costs about 30K.

There are two conversions here, no? You can convert the garage storage space to a game room with fancy doors to the courtyard (we're not calling this a backyard, are we?). That might cost $10K+? Then there's the conversion adding a guest suite on top of this space. That might cost $30K+? So, total, for that section of the house alone to match the model's structure, might be $40K+?

Add the appliances, counters, flooring, etc. as modeled, and we're at least above $50K just to get this small corner of the house to match the model?

Perspective said:
qwerty said:
i havent had time to look at both time sheets, was going to tonite. either they got a reality check or there are some lot premiums/discounts from one phase to the next or perhaps structural items or combo of all of them.

i think someone had asked - the conversion of the garage space into the guest suite costs about 30K.

There are two conversions here, no? You can convert the garage storage space to a game room with fancy doors to the courtyard (we're not calling this a backyard, are we?). That might cost $10K+? Then there's the conversion adding a guest suite on top of this space. That might cost $30K+? So, total, for that section of the house alone to match the model's structure, might be $40K+?

Add the appliances, counters, flooring, etc. as modeled, and we're at least above $50K just to get this small corner of the house to match the model?

you are confusing this with crawford. stafford only has the storage garage conversion into guest suite. crawford has the third car sideways storage garage that can be converted into bonus/game room and the guest suite goes above the storage garage/game room.

The maps aren't a good representation according to Kurt (salesman at Stafford).

Phase one looks like it's partially in front of the road that goes into the Crawford homes. If it is, probably priced a little lower than the phase two home.

Lot 355 is 5932 sqft which is smaller than lot 351 (6152? sqft or close) but $16K more expensive with same pre-plotted upgrades.

joy4ever said:
Lot 355 is 5932 sqft which is smaller than lot 351 (6152? sqft or close) but $16K more expensive with same pre-plotted upgrades.

Maybe the bigger, less expensive lot has views of the hangar, apartments, or 40' wall?

There's a lot of "stuff" you'd prefer not to see while sitting in your $1.3M+ house, and stuff you'd prefer not to see driving to and from your $1.3M house. Greenwood includes a lot of this "stuff."

qwerty said:
Stafford Phase 2 to be released this saturday

24o5btk.jpg

Silly me, put in the same SSN for both me and the hubby and Stan Pac couldn't finish the prequalify. Got a call and yup we qualify. Not sure this is a good thing as I didn't submit my financials online until nearly midnite on 5/31 and they seemed to want to make sure we're coming on Saturday.

Maybe they can't sell the downstairs master homes in which case I might want to hold off and see if I can get any incentives when rates rise.

Have you run the numbers? At these price points, the household income should be well above $200K (absent very large downpayments) which places the prospective homeowners well into a marginal 37%+ marginal rate (CA + Fed).

So, on a $1M mortgage, every eighth rise in mortgage rates equals roughly a less than $50 rise in payment. Rates must rise significantly to affect prospective buyers of $1M+ homes.

Got a call today for Stafford. Out of 8 homes they have a plan one left, lot 288. Told them we wanted plan 2 on lot 275, that's a nice big lot and good location within greenwood. This is one of the few lots we would have considered.

qwerty said:
Got a call today for Stafford. Out of 8 homes they have a plan one left, lot 288. Told them we wanted plan 2 on lot 275, that's a nice big lot and good location within greenwood. This is one of the few lots we would have considered.

Just curious why would you move 5 minutes away? Also, wouldn't be more MR?

eyephone said:
qwerty said:

I don't want to. I lose the 3 car garage, I prefer 3 car wide with no driveway vs 2 car and driveway. She loves the layout downstairs with the seaprate dining room (which we have now) and guest suite (we have a downstairs bedroom with its own bath) and office downstairs (this is an extra room we we don't have now). The upstairs loft with the deck is pretty awesome. But I don't think it's worth it to get an extra room downstairs and deck. We have a loft buts it's not as big and no deck. I do like the fact that it will feel less crammed than CS. But to me it is still not worth it for one extra room and a deck. With that said I would have done lot 275 cause it has one of the bigger back yards and no neighbor on one side

qwerty said:
eyephone said:
qwerty said:

I don't want to. I lose the 3 car garage, I prefer 3 car wide with no driveway vs 2 car and driveway. She loves the layout downstairs with the seaprate dining room (which we have now) and guest suite (we have a downstairs bedroom with its own bath) and office downstairs (this is an extra room we we don't have now). The upstairs loft with the deck is pretty awesome. But I don't think it's worth it to get an extra room downstairs and deck. We have a loft buts it's not as big and no deck. I do like the fact that it will feel less crammed than CS. But to me it is still not worth it for one extra room and a deck. With that said I would have done lot 275 cause it has one of the bigger back yards and no neighbor on one side

So is 275 sold?  I'm shocked you didn't get it given all your rah rah greenwood cheerleading these last few months. The injustice of it!

Back