Square / Square Up

irvinehomeowner said:
They beat Square by only a .05% per swipe.

Except Square's rate beats Intuit by .2%, not including the 15 cent charge.

Some people may have more trust in the makers of Intuit because they are a big name - they make Quickbooks, whereas Square is a newcomer. Am I right, Iho?

I though Square was 2.75% per swipe and Intuit is 2.70%.

Square has been in the portable credit card swipe business longer... Intuit has been in the accounting software business longer.

I would still go with Square.

Brain fart. I meant to say Square beats them by 0.2% (not inc. 15 cent charge) for manually entering. You are correct on the swipe charge.

The PayPal thing takes checks. However, if we want to talk about reputation like I mentioned earlier, I'm sure PayPal wouldn't exactly come out on top.

Now that we've seen the three, would you still go with Square, Iho? I kinda feel the dumb for not researching it more thoroughly before getting a Square, however, I hadn't even heard of the other two at that point.

Square Update:

Positive - Prompts for a tip

Negative - Sends a very accurate map of your GPS location where the transaction took place to the customer on the receipt. Not a problem when I'm using it for tutoring with my English learners. Quite a problem when I'm using it for an online transaction where I don't want some weirdo to know where I live. It can not be turned off. Square will not operate without the GPS info. They say it is for their security, to legitimize transactions and reduce charge backs.

Back