Spouse remarries after you die, yea or nay?

qwerty said:
Thanks everyone - he is almost two months. I thought one kid was a lot of work, two is a nightmare. My tv time is down to one hour a day :-(

It will get easier, I promise!

Then it will get harder again.
Then a little easier.
Then harder.
Kidding.
Sort of.

To address the original question... this may be more for the ladies of T.I. rather than the men... would you really even want to get married again? This pertains more to those who have been in it for the long haul. I was SUPER young so I've now been with my husband for half of my life despite being in my 30's. Things can change for people but right now I look at it the same way as I do raising kids. Am I glad I did it? Absolutely! I was born ready for times such as these. Would I want to start all over from Square 1 and do it again? Not really. But that could just be fatigue talking. This topic comes up often between my good friend and I. She says if something happened to her husband, she wouldn't do it again because it's just too much crap to put up with. I get that. They do put up with us, too, though. But it is work having to always think about somebody else's needs. Terri Irwin, the widow of Steve Irwin, recently said she has already had her "happily ever after". She doesn't see anyone else on the horizon. I totally get that, too. I think I could envision being single for the rest of my life, post-husband. It would probably be a weird adjustment but it could also be really enjoyable!

Uh huh............ heard that lots of times, having worked in Labor and Delivery only to hear it again from the same person a year or two or three later.

qwerty said:
Ready2Downsize said:
Congrats!

Spread them out a bit. The first one will help more with the third one.  ;)

Spread them out? We are done. No mas!

What, only 2? But you're Mexican, isn't that against some cultural law?  ;)
2 gets easier once they are out of the toddler stage and more independent but then the fighting begins which is a PITA
your TV viewing might have gone down but TI presence seems to not have suffered much

SoCal said:
qwerty said:
I joked with her that now that we have a son our daughter would not inherit anything

Woah, woah, back up! My copy of the birth announcement must have gotten lost in the mail PMs this time, unlike last time! I take it this happened recently? It's the first I've read of it. Then again, I only quickly scan / speed-read T.I. these days so maybe I missed it. Congratulations on the new addition to your family!

SoCal nothing gets past you, you should work for the CIA  ;D

Paris said:
qwerty said:
Ready2Downsize said:
Congrats!

Spread them out a bit. The first one will help more with the third one.  ;)

Spread them out? We are done. No mas!

What, only 2? But you're Mexican, isn't that against some cultural law?  ;)
2 gets easier once they are out of the toddler stage and more independent but then the fighting begins which is a PITA
your TV viewing might have gone down but TI presence seems to not have suffered much

While i was born in mexico im as americanized as it gets. Im just selfish and dont have patience for taking car of kids when they are infants

qwerty said:
Thanks everyone - he is almost two months. I thought one kid was a lot of work, two is a nightmare. My tv time is down to one hour a day :-(
Congrats man!

I'm late to this thread... but that whole "now that we have a son" thing made me fall out of my seat (did anyone feel the quake?).

It's hard, but worth it... if you can, have as many qwertitos as you can, it's like burgers, you can never have too many. :)

I would be okay as long as I know he treats her better than I could.

As and adjunct... would you marry again if your spouse passes away?

I don't think I could. Easy to say that now, but I think it might be hard on my kids if they had another "mommy", but I guess that depends on the age of the kids.

Plus... at my age and girth... I'm not exactly qwermaterial.

irvinehomeowner said:

I don't think I could. Easy to say that now, but I think it might be hard on my kids if they had another "mommy", but I guess that depends on the age of the kids.

3CWs are not attractive :)

irvinehomeowner said:

Awww, that's sad. Don't say that, Iho. Have some confidence. It's not like you're ugly or a scumbag or anything. (That's right, People. He is NOT ugly. Lies... All lies!) Don't you think your current wife would agree you are, uh, "qwertmaterial"? After all, she is still around. That's got to count for something.

bones said:
irvinehomeowner said:

3CWs are not attractive :)
You can't know until you've had one. :)

Back