South Torrance and West Torrance

QHBruin_IHB

I was wondering if anyone had any information about these two areas regarding a detached 3-4 bedroom 1500+ sq ft home purchase. My friends wish to move there and I noticed that the prices there are even more outrageous than those here in Irvine. The older homes they are looking at are built in the 1960's but are still commanding prices well over $700K.

I feel that the demographics there will be somewhat similar to Irvine since the school districts in those two areas are also very good. Do you guys think the closer proximity to LA will cause the prices there to be somewhat inflated, thus justifying the higher prices? Have those two areas been more insulated from the foreclosures that have hit other areas?

Thanks in advance.

[quote author="QHBruin" date=1239624472] Have those two areas been more insulated from the foreclosures that have hit other areas?</blockquote>

No... it has just taken longer for reality to set in for LA residents. See the green pins? Yup, foreclosures are coming to Torrance with a vengeance.

http://i44.tinypic.com/5u2q0w.jpg

I know people who live and work in the area, and they are all now coming to the realization that the economy sucks as they have been laid off or had their hours cut.

We are all subprime now!

[quote author="graphrix" date=1239631629][quote author="QHBruin" date=1239624472] Have those two areas been more insulated from the foreclosures that have hit other areas?</blockquote>

No... it has just taken longer for reality to set in for LA residents. See the green pins? Yup, foreclosures are coming to Torrance with a vengeance.

I know people who live and work in the area, and they are all now coming to the realization that the economy sucks as they have been laid off or had their hours cut.

We are all subprime now!</blockquote>

Thanks for the info. I'll tell my friends to wait it out until at least the end of this year. It seems like there will be better deals to be had later this year. They were worried because all the decent homes seem to be getting picked up quickly within a week of their listing.

[quote author="QHBruin" date=1239666636][quote author="graphrix" date=1239631629][quote author="QHBruin" date=1239624472] Have those two areas been more insulated from the foreclosures that have hit other areas?</blockquote>

We are all subprime now!</blockquote>

Thanks for the info. I'll tell my friends to wait it out until at least the end of this year. It seems like there will be better deals to be had later this year. They were worried because all the decent homes seem to be getting picked up quickly within a week of their listing.</blockquote>

I still dont get the rush to buy. I remember telling my wife (probably about six months ago) that I would rather divorce her now than buying a house at the time because that is where we would eventually end up if we bought an overpriced house. Might as well skip the BS and get to the finish line. I point out price declines over the past six months and she realizes i was right.

[quote author="qwerty" date=1239685922]

I point out price declines over the past six months and she realizes i was right.</blockquote>

husbands = always right

Back