Some of my favorite tasty places to eat

I'll have to try Trust @ DTSA. For Picanha steak cuts you might have better luck at Argentine shops like the butcher counter at Gaucho Grill (Buena Park), or El Gaucho Meat Market (Anaheim?). The Butchery in Costa Mesa & El Toro Meats in Lake Forest may also provide special orders ($$$).

Definitely give it a go, 18 seats only, must make reservations in advance, the $225 includes gratuity as well, believe they charge $25? more for Fri/Sat dinners. They normally do steak night 3-5 nights a month, they rotate and do other dinners throughout the month.

I'm lucky, we get all our meats wholesale, can also get stuff that may not be sold to the public and only reserved for restaurants like the Picanha

You should go for breakfast or lunch when it's Brio Brio. Bri Baru is a brand new concept they're trying and I haven't had a chance to give it a try yet. Their pastries are good and they have my favorite matcha drinks that I've had. Prices are a little steep, but it's good. The miso pork salad is one of my favorite underrated items from there.

Went there today for lunch and tried the pork salad. Lunch + 6 breads to go was >$40 lol. Their bread is $5/each.
Food is good, a bit expensive. Walked around the center and the other restaurants look dead-ish. The Pho and Japanese fast food place are both shut, and the Japanese restaurant is closed today.

Walked into Plern Thai Cafe on other end and got a take out menu. They only had 2 customers, but the menu looked interesting (a bit fusion ish - they have a grilled pork jowl salad). Will have to try later this month.

Pre-pandemic, Meiji and another ramen place was located on that end. Unfortunately both did not survive.

Went there today for lunch and tried the pork salad. Lunch + 6 breads to go was >$40 lol. Their bread is $5/each.
Food is good, a bit expensive. Walked around the center and the other restaurants look dead-ish. The Pho and Japanese fast food place are both shut, and the Japanese restaurant is closed today.

Walked into Plern Thai Cafe on other end and got a take out menu. They only had 2 customers, but the menu looked interesting (a bit fusion ish - they have a grilled pork jowl salad). Will have to try later this month.

Pre-pandemic, Meiji and another ramen place was located on that end. Unfortunately both did not survive.
I've been meaning to try Plern...maybe I will go this week.

I'll have to try Trust @ DTSA. For Picanha steak cuts you might have better luck at Argentine shops like the butcher counter at Gaucho Grill (Buena Park), or El Gaucho Meat Market (Anaheim?). The Butchery in Costa Mesa & El Toro Meats in Lake Forest may also provide special orders ($$$).

If you don't want to travel that far, you can get Picanha to go from Texas de Brazil on the Irvine side of the Market Place. Price is reasonable at $12 for a half pound pile of meat.

Back