some interesting plans for the second park in BP

oceanmonkey

came across some docs in HOA, shows some planning drawings of the second park in BP.
make me starting to guess what's coming.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-29 at 6.12.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-29 at 6.12.51 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,327
Is that the water park that people were talking about?  I have this map with that park labeled as "Water and Wellness Park"

Attachments

• GP District 1 North planning map.jpg
    GP District 1 North planning map.jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 466
wanted to bump this since i'm starting to wonder more about this water and wellness park.

e9cc5e_8ee5c2c2b8474dceadf5273f5251cc5f~mv2.jpg

quite a few pools/amenities there. not sure how I'll feel if I'm a BP resident and there's an outdoor amphitheater nearby.

can anyone clarify if its an irvine community park, or a park specifically for GP residents (with access restrictions to pools and what not).

capboba said:
wanted to bump this since i'm starting to wonder more about this water and wellness park.

e9cc5e_8ee5c2c2b8474dceadf5273f5251cc5f~mv2.jpg

quite a few pools/amenities there. not sure how I'll feel if I'm a BP resident and there's an outdoor amphitheater nearby.

can anyone clarify if its an irvine community park, or a park specifically for GP residents (with access restrictions to pools and what not).
Believe it is a private park, but that you can define private loosely.  Additionally, the amphitheater has been well disclosed in the paperwork when you bought your house (or should have been). 

Bullsback said:
Believe it is a private park, but that you can define private loosely.  Additionally, the amphitheater has been well disclosed in the paperwork when you bought your house (or should have been).

its definitely not in the PP ones since that was way back (though it seems this was approved in 2014 so...)

i'm almost certain I read through the disclosure report with a fine-toothed-comb in the BP ones but I may have missed this.

*shrug* not a real big deal to me personally - was just surprise.

on second thought maybe I thought they're talking about the irvine meadows amphitheater and misread it...

When I bought they said the park would be done by end of 2016. It's still a dirt lot. Rumors of it being scrapped due to the drought. Hopefully someone on the forums has more recent information and shares with the community here.

akkord said:
When I bought they said the park would be done by end of 2016. It's still a dirt lot. Rumors of it being scrapped due to the drought. Hopefully someone on the forums has more recent information and shares with the community here.
Park has not been scrapped, but the extensiveness of it being like a full on kids waterpark have been scrapped. Last I heard is it will be a kids themed pool, but with more limited water features and then other park features as well. Park is going on, just won't be as watercentric as originally planned. 

^Agreed, "it" should have been "the waterpark" being scrapped, and they are designing something different. I'll swing by the GP info center this weekend and see what they say about the park.

Back