So this guy defriended me on Facebook

A

Anonymous

So it's this guy I went to school with for about 5 years, but I haven't seen him since jr high. We became FB friends about a year ago, and we've had no interaction except something like hey, nice to see you, your kids are cute, yadda yadda yadda.

So anyway, I noticed he deleted me as a friend and I don't know why, and it's really bothering me. I know he's not just pruning his friends list of people he hasn't seen in a long time, because he's still friends with other people he hasn't seen since jr high. Plus he's still FB friends with one of my friends who moved away after 8th grade, and I know he's had no contact with her since then...we're talking like 20 years here.

So why did he defriend me? I know I shouldn't care, but I do!

[quote author="traceimage"]So it's this guy I went to school with for about 5 years, but I haven't seen him since jr high. We became FB friends about a year ago, and we've had no interaction except something like hey, nice to see you, your kids are cute, yadda yadda yadda.

So anyway, I noticed he deleted me as a friend and I don't know why, and it's really bothering me. I know he's not just pruning his friends list of people he hasn't seen in a long time, because he's still friends with other people he hasn't seen since jr high. Plus he's still FB friends with one of my friends who moved away after 8th grade, and I know he's had no contact with her since then...we're talking like 20 years here.

So why did he defriend me? I know I shouldn't care, but I do![/quote]
Maybe his wife or girlfriend got a hold of his account and defriended you. <!-- s:p -->:p<!-- s:p --> Some people are just soooo jealous. Just a thought.

[quote author="traceimage"]So it's this guy I went to school with for about 5 years, but I haven't seen him since jr high. We became FB friends about a year ago, and we've had no interaction except something like hey, nice to see you, your kids are cute, yadda yadda yadda.

Perhaps he had a crush on you during junior high or during the 5 years at school and he told his wife. The wife got jealous and defriended you. My wife sometimes asks me who are cute asian women on my FB friends page, and my reply is, " ugh, I don't know. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> Ms. Panda does not like that answer very much.

[quote author="Panda "]

Perhaps he had a crush on you during junior high or during the 5 years at school and he told his wife. The wife got jealous and defriended you. My wife sometimes asks me who are cute asian women on my FB friends page, and my reply is, " ugh, I don't know. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> Ms. Panda does not like that answer very much.[/quote]

Does Ms Panda ask who is that guy is on your Avatar and is she concerned about him?

Thanks for the replies.

I really doubt he ever had a crush on me, but I guess it's remotely possible...but it would have been 20 years ago so I don't think that's the reason. Plus he has a hot wife so she probably doesn't care that he's friends with little old me.

Maybe he just doesn't like my status updates.

I have noticed some friends disappear even though they did not defriend me. weird.....maybe a Facebook problem?

[quote author="ajw522"]I have noticed some friends disappear even though they did not defriend me. weird.....maybe a Facebook problem?[/quote]

Oh, really? Tell me more...did they delete their accounts? How did you know they didn't defriend you?

I hope it *is* a FB problem. Then he's probably thinking I defriended HIM! Hahaha. Actually, he probably wouldn't even notice if I did. It's only me that obsesses about these stupid things.

Back