So I'm looking to buy a house by the end of the year. (Anaheim colony historic district)

I want to buy in Irvine but I just recently visited the new condo developments in Anaheim.

The condos I'm looking at are the newly built condos by BrookField Homes called Legacy @Colony Park.

4 beds 4 1/2 baths 1970 sq ft for $476,900. I know its over priced but these guys put in a lot of eye candy and furnishings.

Being a real estate virgin I need some feedback on how I can get the price down say $25k. I know with new homes builders won't budge in price.

I'm marvelling at the fact the name "Knife Catcher" was still available as of today. I have to register "Don Bren", "Uni High Grad", "Screw the Search Function", etc. while the getting is good.

It's really striking what you get if you put:

Brookfield Homes Legacy

in the little box near the top of the page marked "search".

I checked out the area not too long ago and it looks nice! It's such a great little community. I went around talking to some of the neighbors and they were nice young professionals. I was a bit concerned of the neighborhood, but a bunch of people that lived there are happy and mentioned that Brookfield really took good care of them. I'll do more researching and ask around a bit more. I drove around the area seems a bit sketchy, but it seems like they're trying really hard to redevelop the area and you can see the improvements. Nice place with no mello-roos. I definitely wouldn't send my kids to school there, if anything private.

Knife Catcher - did you end up getting a place since I noticed you posted this in 2008?

Back