Smog Check

blue_IHB

Are all of the smog check stations the same in terms of price or are they all different? Know of any cheap one (if they exist)?

They are all pretty close, but there are differences. On your papers from DMV, does it say "Test Only"?

I use Toma Smog in Orange but I'm sure he's not the cheapest.

I got mine done at the AAA on Harbor for $50 (with a $5 coupon from the web). A few weeks later I was looking through a penny saver and noticed ads saying they were $25-$35. I don't know if that was the final price or if they add on a lot more for the certificate and other fees. Also check those coupon packages that come in the mail.

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1243463130]They are all pretty close, but there are differences. On your papers from DMV, does it say "Test Only"?

I use Toma Smog in Orange but I'm sure he's not the cheapest.</blockquote>

It says the following:

SMOG Certification Required

Please take this notice to a SMOG check station

Does this mean test only?

[quote author="blue" date=1243515180][quote author="no_vaseline" date=1243463130]They are all pretty close, but there are differences. On your papers from DMV, does it say "Test Only"?

I use Toma Smog in Orange but I'm sure he's not the cheapest.</blockquote>

It says the following:

SMOG Certification Required

Please take this notice to a SMOG check station

Does this mean test only?</blockquote>

You can go anywhere.

Santiago Hills car care on the corner of Jamboree and Chapman in the city of Orange is good too. You get a free carwash with the smog.

Back