Slip sliding away

WINEX_IHB

<a href="http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/state/article808637.ece">Obama on the verge of losing Florida</a>

Please, we are too weird here to be analyzed like that.

Just recently in Broward County, in a ocal election, there was a recount in a close

race for judge, I believe, and it was discovered that about 2500

ballots lost. Other candidates in close races then wanted a re-count.

They found the ballots mixed up with various other ballots included

ballots properly rejected because there was something wrong with

them, and several other places/categories.

I never heard how it ended up because I've been distracted by hurricane

news and Lehman Bros.

I'm sure there will be something that happens to bollux things up, just

don't know what.

Liz, it's not just Florida, it's everywhere.

Looking at www.realclearpolitics.com this morning, I see McCain up 20 in the electoral college votes with no toss-up states. Last week at this time, Obama was up something like 50 in the electoral college.

Looking at Intrade, McCain is at 52.4 versus 46.1 for Obama. A few weeks ago, Obama was in the high 60's.

While it is still early, the trends are favorable. And you can't ignore the fact that the rise in use of absentee ballots means that a lead in late September and October is more important than it used to be.

Obamba is a smooth talker. Per his voting record, if elected president, he will be the most liberal person ever to hold that office.

<a href="http://www.startribune.com/politics/national/president/28353589.html?elr=KArks:DCiUBcy7hUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUU">Minnesota is now tied</a>

Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Polls: The Sarah Palin/Republican Convention Bounce Has Got To Have Obama Worried

I do not usually put emphasis on polls because they can end up being drastically wrong. The only poll that actually matters is the one on election day. But you have to know that the Obama people are looking at these recent polls and they certainly do not like what they see. Further, everyone assumed this was Obama's election to lose. This race is starting to look competitive, and McCain is looking like he has a really good shot. Of course all these polls are early in the game as there has still not been a single presidential or vice presidential debate. Nonetheless, it shows how brilliant the Sarah Palin pick was in reshaping this election.

RASMUSSEN REPORTS, September 14:

"The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Sunday shows John McCain reaching the 50% level of support for the first time since Barack Obama wrapped up the Democratic Presidential Nomination. McCain retains a three-point advantage for the third straight day, 50% to 47%." This poll takes the Charlie Gibson interview into account and is the first time McCain has majority support.

GALLUP, September 14:

"The latest Gallup Poll Daily tracking update shows 47% of registered voters preferring John McCain and 45% Barack Obama."

REAL CLEAR POLITICS AVERAGE OF POLLS:

McCain G.5, Obama E.2.

STAR TRIBUNE MINNESOTA POLL, September 14:

Both candidates have E. This is a typical blue state. CNN had Obama up by 12 points just before the Republican convention.

ZOGBY STATE BY STATE POLLS, September 13:

* Pennsylvania - McCain 49.1%, Obama 44.3%. This is a must-win blue state for Obama. If McCain takes Pennsylvania, the experts say he wins the election.

* Florida - "McCain has a 10-point lead and he's over 50%."

* Ohio - McCain, 49.8%, Obama 43.9%. This is a key battleground state in the election.

All this goes to show is that this election has become very close. Obama's momentum has dissipated as a result of the RNC and Palin pick. Obama can still win this thing, it is too early to tell, but he is going to have to try a little harder than he may have expected.

Back