Skylark 2 - Great Park

I did. I am looking at the documents right now, and Redfin's getting $25,000, and they'll give me a $3,500 credit towards closing costs. I don't think it's a fair distribution considering the amount of effort my wife and I put in.

hchawla said:
I did. I am looking at the documents right now, and Redfin's getting $25,000, and they'll give me a $3,500 credit towards closing costs. I don't think it's a fair distribution considering the amount of effort my wife and I put in.

Makes sense since their rebates are now 10-15%.  I provide a 50% commission rebate to all my new home buyers.  Talk to the builder can see if you can change agents, I bet if they are eager to sell the home they'll allow it. 

hchawla said:

Wow. You're getting ripped off big time by Redfin. Most agents would give you back about 50%. I think you should find ways to back out of this. Just like Danimal said, get your wife to register or something and bring in another agent. Martin would be happy to help you.  ;D

I haven't signed the documents yet. I will be very unhappy if all I get is 14% of the overall commission. Do you know if the commission split is negotiable with Redfin? I haven't signed any contract with them.

hchawla said:
I haven't signed the documents yet. I will be very unhappy if all I get is 14% of the overall commission. Do you know if the commission split is negotiable with Redfin? I haven't signed any contract with them.

You can try but they won't negotiate the commission split with you.

You registered "a Realtor" at the tract. I'd ask them "What if I change Realtors?" and see what they say.

My .02c

Realtors should be giving 50% rebate for new construction...Redfin is maybe more understandable to be less but if it's a self-employed realtor then they are ripping you off. I give all my clients 50%.

Hi folks,

Thank you for the solid advice here.

Now that I have signed the purchase agreement, I am working with the builder for a pre-drywall inspection. I have already reached out to Biltrite, but Steve's unavailable on the dates provided by the builder.

Do you have any suggestions for a good home inspector? Preferably someone familiar with a dusty shoe inspection.

Thank you

Back