Site customization

[quote author="USCTrojanCPA"]
[quote author="Mr. SC"]

I've been hard at work redesigning the graphic buttons on this site to make them a bit more 'modern'. I'll make sure the "New" icon is on the list.

[/quote]
Thank you kindly, your efforts are appreciated! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->[/quote]

I second that Mr SC!!

Would it be possibly to up the amount of Exalts we can give per hour? Please. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

[quote author="cameray"]Would it be possibly to up the amount of Exalts we can give per hour? Please. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->[/quote]

That would be nice, but unfortunately I'm limited to what I can do. The software is designed and run by our host, Proboards. I cannot access the underlying software to modify it.

I can change the appearance of the pages by adding javascripts to the header or footer, but not the core functionality of the software. For example, I couldn't remove the [Smite] button functionality, just hide it. Some people can actually still see and use it.

If we decide to switch software in the future, we'll have better control. Many factors were involved in going with this software. It isn't perfect, but it was quick to set up and kept us all talking when the old place shut down. (yeah, I know I didn't do much talking) <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

[quote author="Sunshine"]In the forums, if I noticed a skipped small word (me, a, an, etc...) or a misspelled word in a post, I could quickly change my post within a small amount of time without the change appearing as an edit. Can we have a 1-minute grace period here, too? <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->[/quote]

Wow, happens to me all the time too. Sadly, see above post for full answer (and example of me wishing we had that feature too <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->).

[quote author="Mr. SC"][quote author=cameray board=suggestions thread=19 post=1254 time=1260215323]

I can change the appearance of the pages by adding javascripts to the header or footer, but not the core functionality of the software. For example, I couldn't remove the [Smite] button functionality, just hide it. Some people can actually still see and use it.

[/quote]

OK, that explains something I was wondering about. I've noticed that my karma score has been dropping lately. I wasn't sure if karma wore out over time, or if a couple of idiots were playing some childish games.

Is there anyway to order the topics in a category to show the ones you haven't read at the top (i.e. those with the 'new' icon)?

This is not an issue if there is only 1 page of topics but when there are multiple pages.

[quote author="novaseline"]I have changed my mind and we should give Winex a politics forum.

[/quote]

Or, we could give me an ignore button.

[quote author="novaseline"]
[quote author="novaseline"]I have changed my mind and we should give Winex a politics forum.

[/quote]

Or, we could give me an ignore button.[/quote]

It certainly would be far easier to give you an ignore button than it would be to give you integrity.

[/quote]

Or, we could give me an ignore button.[/quote]

This is how you do that.

You stand up and go for a walk. Preferrably, take the dog with. Stroll to the nearest mega-mart (Albertsons, Ralphs, Vons).

Walk in. Pretend the dog is a seeing eye dog.

Stroll over to the checkout with the flowers. Look for a set of flowers that will make the Ms smile.

Buy them.

Let the seeing eye dog lead you out of the store and home.

Walk in the front door. Smile at your wife. Say something cheesy like "I just wanted to bring a little extra beauty into your life".

let the seeing eye dog off the leash.

sit down on the couch with your wife.

maybe turn on a Christmas special.

snuggle.

If you're still thinking about Winex, call a divorce lawyer.

[quote author="winex"]

Given how easy it is to game the system, and combined with the fragile egos of some members, it doesn't seem like this system is useful to gauge the trustworthiness of another user.

[/quote]

68007d1240802426-upload-test-dr-phil-fam_midol_max_stren%20gth_caple-5300.jpg

[quote author="winex"]

Given how easy it is to game the system, and combined with the fragile egos of some members, it doesn't seem like this system is useful to gauge the trustworthiness of another user.

[/quote]

68007d1240802426-upload-test-dr-phil-fam_midol_max_stren%20gth_caple-5300.jpg
[/quote]

Why am I not surprised to find out that you are a misogynist too?

If someone is going to change my karma rating, could you make it a really low negative number instead of putting me to 0?

[quote author="winex"]

Why am I not surprised to find out that you are a misogynist too?[/quote]

Baseless personal attack #3.

Back