single story house

implant8

Hi all, I am relocating from Seattle to Irvine in 6 months for retirement and I am looking at 4 bedroom single story house in Irvine or Dustin.  Does anyone has the suggestion where I can find it since I had searched in zillow and redfin for a long time but not many pop out.
Thanks a lot.

Not a lot of those out here. On the MLS, there are only 14 single level 3+ bedroom homes in Irvine.

Travata (new 55+ community in Irvine) has single level inventory. Alta Vista in the Orchard Hills also has a single level product...but it is priced over $4m. You may have better luck in Tustin.

Your best bet is to use Redfin as it pulls MLS data live. Check off the "Single Story Only" under advanced filters - doesn't always work but it'll narrow things down for you.

the older neighborhoods tend to have more single story homes

old Northwood
Turtle Rock
Woodbridge has single story condos; not sure about single family houses or 4+ bedrooms though.

you'll have more luck with single story California ranch style homes in places like Tustin (zip 92780) and North Tustin (92705). If you are willing to look a little bit farther from Irvine/Tustin, there's lots of single story ranches in the city of Orange and Costa Mesa.

Depends on the budget you're working with...

University Park has a lot of single story homes, but they sell very fast normally. There are a lot of retired ppl living in UP as well.

You'll get more choices in Tustin and I would look around the Cherrywood, Tustin Meadows, or Pepper Tree neighborhood. Many owners are probably still the original owners or have lived there for many years. I have a client that's been looking in that neighborhood and so far they like what they see. Those areas are close to the main 5 Fwy, Tustin District, and not too far to Irvine.

In Irvine, I agree with the group that you'll see more choices in the older neighborhood, Northwood, University Park, and Woodbridge.

I bought a single story home in Tustin Ranch and love it.  It would help if you shared your budget with us and if you are open for an older home or looking for a new home. 

Back