Simply Pho (Lake Forest)

ps99472

https://www.yelp.com/biz/simply-pho-lake-forest

Stopped by after getting my hair buzzed down the street.  Near the freeway, easy to miss especially with everyone trying to cram onto the 5.  Got the #10 XL pho with brisket, rib eye, tripe, tendon, fish balls, squid, and shrimp.

964CD080-2F2A-4AF9-A0B9-CFC41D17CD1B_zpsnibvkfz3.jpg

Opens early at 10am and most important of all.. the soup is boiling hot when it arrives... my #1 requirement for eating pho.  If your tongue's not burnt after the first sip... it's not hot enough.  Ingredients were a little skimpy, if I wasn't starving already, Pho Bac in Irvine has better flavor soup.  At least you can do a 2 for 1 and grab some carne asada fries from Sabrosada drive thru afterwards.

If only the Mongolian bbq nearby is open early...

thx for the update

Yeah.. I like The Pho Bac.  You know I went last week and the sign said Pho Ba Co? 

BangBros said:
Shouldn't be eating pho in lake forest.  Should be eating in Irvine.  Irvine pho quality is better than Lake Forest.  Just like the schools.  Same goes for any other food.

#uhSure
#anotherConspiracy

i dont eat that shit man. burritos > pho :)

i was just responding to the jizzes elitism.

eyephone said:
qwerty said:

Gotcha.
So what's your favorite burrito place? (Don't say Taco Bell) ;)

King Taco. The problem is there are none close by. The closest one is in Long Beach.

qwerty said:
eyephone said:
qwerty said:

Gotcha.

King Taco. The problem is there are none close by. The closest one is in Long Beach.

What's your thoughts regarding Los Compadres Mexican restaurant in LB?

qwerty said:
eyephone said:
qwerty said:

Gotcha.

I always hear Tim Conway Jr. Talk about this place on KFI.  Gotta try it one day.

so had Sabrosada for dinner tonight.  had the machaca burrito, a little on the bland side and a little dry. Nothing some good salsa cant take care of. also split the chilaquiles with my wife, those were good, my wife had the shrimp taco and really liked it. i would give the burrito and chilaquiles about a 7. I have not tried the carne asada so ill try that on the nachos or in a burrito to compare the carne asada to king taco. So far though, with all due respect to SGIP, Sabrosada has nothing on king taco.

Q you've had Baja Fish Taco in LF/RSM right? 

Shrimp taco, white rice, pinto beans, habanero onions and pico de gallo from the salsa bar, some chips and homemade guacamole...

I'm in heaven just thinking about it.

aquabliss said:
Q you've had Baja Fish Taco in LF/RSM right? 

Shrimp taco, white rice, pinto beans, habanero onions and pico de gallo from the salsa bar, some chips and homemade guacamole...

I'm in heaven just thinking about it.

i have not, i actually dont eat fish/seafood, ill mention it to my wife, she would probably like it. I usually stick with carne asada or shredded/ground beef. i always get ground beef at taco bell, at an authentic mexican place i will get carne asada or shredded beef.

one really good thing though about sabrosada is the extensive menu. king taco has a very limited menu so they stick with the basics so much easier to have tastier food in my opinion.

You can still go there and get the carne asada.  I always get the shrimp taco but my wife gets the carne asada and likes it.  The white rice and pinto beans are what makes this place great though, both are very tasty. 

I like Sabrosada as well but I only get Drive Thru there, wouldn't want to take my family inside haha.  Baja Fish Taco (especially the on in RSM) has a big dining room with 3-4 50" TV's always playing sports, and the food is always fresh and clean.

aqua - i remembered that i never answered you Anqi question. Due to my limited palatte ive only had certain things there:

- sliders with fries - this is excellent, i order this every single time
- beef satay - very good
- sweet corn dumplings - excellent
- fried banana/banana fritter (desert) - excellent
- garlic noodles and garlic rice - excellent - best garlic noodles ever

my wife has tried a lot more of the menu and she really likes it.

aquabliss said:
You can still go there and get the carne asada.  I always get the shrimp taco but my wife gets the carne asada and likes it.  The white rice and pinto beans are what makes this place great though, both are very tasty. 

I like Sabrosada as well but I only get Drive Thru there, wouldn't want to take my family inside haha.  Baja Fish Taco (especially the on in RSM) has a big dining room with 3-4 50" TV's always playing sports, and the food is always fresh and clean.

ill have to try it, assumed it was all fish :)

Back