Silvermist (Beacon Park) vs The Summit (Baker Ranch)

Cornflakes said:
Boy, that must be frustrating. Can enough homeowners make loud enough noise to boot the existing HOA board with stated reasons why they are getting booted?

I remember writing in the community forum that neighbors with concerns can reach out to the board member we elected (just one, rest is five point assigned).. since he had his email on the community platform.

next day? that email address is gone. lol...

to be fair lots of complaints were kind of silly/minor. also to add balance, we didn't have any major issues with the landscaping submitting process (but the plant spacing does sound ridiculous). we went to a pre-submitting meeting with the architectural review ppl, he gave a few comments and noted a few issues. landscaper made the modifications, submitted.. and waited a lil bit too long but it came back approved.

Silvermist prices are dropping so much it is coming close several peoples target.  A finished Silvermist is under 1.5 and if a basic Belvedere is 1.3 then Silvermist is a bargain.  BP is becoming a value village even with the high mello roos.

Irvine Dream said:
Silvermist prices are dropping so much it is coming close several peoples target.  A finished Silvermist is under 1.5 and if a basic Belvedere is 1.3 then Silvermist is a bargain.  BP is becoming a value village even with the high mello roos.

why are the silvermist prices dropping? are people not buying because of the cemetery?

irvinenative said:
why are the silvermist prices dropping? are people not buying because of the cemetery?

It is not the cemetery for sure.  For me it was the CFD that bothered me the most.  Then again, all that is tax deductible against my income anyways so it doesn't really matter after I thought about it that way.  I think SilverMist is the best deal along with Cressa for Irvine School District.  Hovnanian changed the Jade (Plan 3) with a new breakfast nook area that opens up the downstairs area and makes the kitchen more spacious.  With the added Loft the sqft is now 4,105.  Which makes the price around $375/sqft.  The ceilings are 10ft.  Let's not forget the 4 car garage!!!!!  I am not afraid of the resale value in the near future.  All the houses are located within walking distance from the K-8 school.  It is also close to the Great Park upper Bee area.  The layout was confusing for me, but I will get used to it.  Some of the lots are large with no premiums, unless it is the cul de sac. 

I was looking at Baker's Ranch prior because of the breath taking model homes by the Toll Bros.  Once I got my emotions out of the equation, I realized that the high school (El Toro) was not that highly rated when looking at the API scores subjectively.  Doesn't mean it is a bad high school, but just indicates how the student body fair as a whole.  I saw a resale at Baker's Ranch on the market for 6 months with no hope to sell anytime soon.  The home owner moved out of the country which was job related and they lived in the house for less than a year.  Without the $500,000 options and decorations, the house looked very plain and ordinary. 

Back