Shutter/ Drapery Recommendations

akap

Hi all,

I am looking for a good window treatment company referral.  We're looking to have shutters installed on some of our windows and drapes on some of the other windows. Do you guys have a company you've used which has provided excellent service at a good price?  Also, as for drapes do you guys have recommendations of a place to purchase ready made drapes and the hardware?

Thanks

akap said:
Also, as for drapes do you guys have recommendations of a place to purchase ready made drapes and the hardware?

Thanks

Literally every store that sells home goods carries standard 84" drapes and hardware.

Are you looking for something different?? It seems like there must be more to the question.

USCTrojan gave me a recommendation a few months back on plantation shutters that are built locally.

I'm sure if you send him a message he can hook you up.

Personally my challenge is finding extra wide drapes. I've found lengths that are 108" (9 feet), at JCPenney and Kohl's, but having trouble finding stuff over 100 inches wide (or panels greater than 52 inches each). I guess I could sew a couple of panels together or buy the fabric myself but I'm lazy lol.

icey said:
USCTrojan gave me a recommendation a few months back on plantation shutters that are built locally.

I'm sure if you send him a message he can hook you up.

Personally my challenge is finding extra wide drapes. I've found lengths that are 108" (9 feet), at JCPenney and Kohl's, but having trouble finding stuff over 100 inches wide (or panels greater than 52 inches each). I guess I could sew a couple of panels together or buy the fabric myself but I'm lazy lol.
The referral that I gave you is not up to par so I'm needing to find another one.  Been calling a few of my buyers to get a good referral.

icey said:

An easier way is to buy extra panels on each side for fullness. No stitching necessary.

Oh, my God. Iho just agreed with me on something. Must be in a good mood from raiding your kid's candy after they went to bed! Hang on... I need to go print this out...

I take it back... multiple panels look like doo-doo. :)

Actually... I'm not a design person, but I think multiple panels can help mix up the look of a room. Instead of the normal 1 panel on the left and 1 on the right, you can actually have a set in the middle two to make it look like two sets of windows.

Thanks guys, just read this thread and all the responses. Will try some of those ideas out. I got drapes up in my office area to block the blinding sun off of my monitors now need to work on the bedroom and the downstairs areas to soften the place up and reduce the echo.

I recommend Custom Wood Shutters & blinds. They worked with our budget and did an awesome job with the installations. They sell Hunter Douglas and Sunland Shutters.

For drapes, I ordered them from Bed Bath and Beyond using the 20% new mover's discount. Got the 108" length and hemmed the bottom to fit my windows. The 96" were way too short.

Back