Shutdown the IHB? Is she nuts? What's the story?

4walls4me_IHB

<p> </p>

<p>I was reading over on Lanser about someone named "Truthiness" who is or was trying to "shut down the IHB". She/he sounds rather crazy. What's the story on that? I bet it's funny :)</p>

not worth our blog space even discuss this...let's sink this. A response or debate is exactly what they might want to see from us. Ignore them...

There is no chance of her shutting down this blog or any other blog for that matter.

She is clearly a homedebtor who believes she is a rich genius because she bought real estate. Her declining net worth is apparently driving her crazy. She is actually a fascinating case study in the emotions of grief as they play out in a financial market. When you read her posts you can see her move back and forth between anger and denial. I haven't seen even a moment of considering acceptance of reality. I find the ridiculous things she says to be very amusing. In fact, I have read many of the threads she spams over at Lansner's blog. Each time it empties my <a title="Permanent Link to The Reservoir of Schadenfreude" rel="bookmark" linkindex="26" set="yes" href="http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/2007/06/11/the-reservoir-of-schadenfreude/">Reservoir of Schadenfreude</a>.

Based on some of the things she has written, I think I know who she is...

<p> </p>

<p>irvine123</p>

<p>Sorry! Didn't know it was a bad topic. I was just curious if this story was real and also kinda wanted to make sure the IHB wasn't going anywhere (I LOVE this site). I didn't know if they were legit or, as IR says, a misguided realtor or homedebtor acting out.</p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

I love the fan mail...

<ol class="commentlist">

<cite>Truthiness</cite> Says:

><a title="" href="http://lansner.freedomblogging.com/2007/12/06/oc-homes-seen-155-too-pricey/#comment-37789" linkindex="219" set="yes">December 6th, 2007 at 8:34 pm</a>

<p>Awgee, I see your “kind” words here were in fact false. I saw what you wrote about me on the Irvine Housing Blog, and it was very different than what you present here. I also see that there is an entire thread devoted to how I am trying to “shut down” the Irvine Housing Blog. Search as much as you like, you and your cohorts will never produce proof that I said such a thing. Others here have said that, and I may have applauded them, but nothing more. My efforts have been limited to shaming them into ending the most egregious tactics they employ, namely, ruining the lives and reputations of individual homeowners. I consider what they do indecent. This has nothing to do with other aspects of the blog. I challenged Irvine Renter when he visited here, but he of course declined to discuss it. He has assaulted me again today with the worn-out accusation that I am somehow underwater on my home. Coincidently, all persons disagreeing with him/you/them in any way are also given the same label. I don’t think Irvine Renter is really capable of an honest discussion. In fact, I firmly believe he exhibits some of the characteristics of a sociopath. This issue has certainly brought out the vilest aspects in all of us. That may be the saddest part of all.</p>

</ol>

<ol class="commentlist">

><a title="" href="http://lansner.freedomblogging.com/2007/12/06/oc-homes-seen-155-too-pricey/#comment-37791" linkindex="221" set="yes">December 6th, 2007 at 8:42 pm</a>

<p>Profile of the Sociopath</p>

<p>Manipulative and Conning

They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims. </p>

<p>Grandiose Sense of Self

Feels entitled to certain things as “their right.” </p>

<p>Pathological Lying

Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests. </p>

<p>Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt

A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way. </p>

<p>Callousness/Lack of Empathy

Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others’ feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.</p>

</ol>

<ol class="commentlist">

><a title="" href="http://lansner.freedomblogging.com/2007/12/06/oc-homes-seen-155-too-pricey/#comment-37849" linkindex="235" set="yes">December 7th, 2007 at 8:03 am</a>

<p>” Your venom goes way beyond anything normal for one who may dislike the IHB site. A normal reaction to not liking a website would be to not visit, ”</p>

<p>Awgee, some people feel obligated to step-in when they see others being hurt. You clearly are not one of them, but I am.</p>

</ol>

<ol class="commentlist">

><a title="" href="http://lansner.freedomblogging.com/2007/12/06/oc-homes-seen-155-too-pricey/#comment-37859" linkindex="248" set="yes">December 7th, 2007 at 8:41 am</a>

<p>“I am aware of no one being hurt by the IHB.”</p>

<p>Because you are lacking in common sence and decency?</p>

</ol>

<ol class="commentlist">

><a title="" href="http://lansner.freedomblogging.com/2007/12/06/oc-homes-seen-155-too-pricey/#comment-37885" linkindex="271" set="yes">December 7th, 2007 at 9:39 am</a>

<p>shockg, I posted something earlier, but it is being held. Here’s a section. This is the real character of the bears. This person already owns a home worth $600,000:</p>

<p>““I hope the sky really does fall and real estate is an absolute vicious bloodbath. Instead of buying a place at 5X our gross income, we will be able to buy the same place at 3X.”</p>

<p>This is no first-time homebuyer crying out for fairness. This is a self-serving greedy bastard, who doesn’t care how much damage happens to others, or the economy in general. What they care about is lining their own pockets, period.</p>

</ol>

<ol class="commentlist">

><a title="" href="http://lansner.freedomblogging.com/2007/12/06/oc-homes-seen-155-too-pricey/#comment-37907" linkindex="287" set="yes">December 7th, 2007 at 9:59 am</a>

<p>Quit bellyaching about “first time buyers”. Here’s the real deal:</p>

<p>This person already owns a home worth $600,000:</p>

<p>““I hope the sky really does fall and real estate is an absolute vicious bloodbath. Instead of buying a place at 5X our gross income, we will be able to buy the same place at 3X.”</p>

<p>This is no first-time homebuyer crying out for fairness. This is a self-serving greedy bastard, who doesn’t care how much damage happens to others, or the economy in general. What they care about is lining their own pockets, period.</p>

</ol>

<ol class="commentlist">

><a title="" href="http://lansner.freedomblogging.com/2007/12/06/oc-homes-seen-155-too-pricey/#comment-38000" linkindex="313" set="yes">December 7th, 2007 at 12:38 pm</a>

<p>Awgee, I am beginning to think you also have some of the characteristics of a sociopath. How, pray tell, could I “prove” someone has been hurt without further trampling on their privacy? Here’s a challenge for you: since you don’t believe people have the right to be relatively free from invasion of privacy, give us all the details of your life. Start with your address (please include some interior photos), a copy of your lease, bank statements, credit report, etc. Do you have the integrity, or is this an invasion of your privacy and you are just full of hot air and self-serving denial?</p>

</ol>

<p>Wow.</p>

<p>Wow cubed.</p>

<p>Truthi is nutz.</p>

<p>But why aren't you guys ignoring her? Obviously, she gets off on the attention. </p>

<p>I guess she has nothing else to do all day.</p>

Back