Shouldn't the Tustin Legacy topics be in the OC forum rather than Irvine?

I think you will find many of the people who end up living in Tustin Legacy are people who would prefer to live in Irvine but are priced out of that market. They can find a house matching their needs in Tustin for much less or upgrade to a larger house than they would have to settle for in Irvine. Tustin Legacy borders Irvine so is shares some of the same attributes (weather) but certainly not all of them (schools). I think having these threads in the Irvine Real Estate helps to blur the lines between Irvine and Tustin. For people trying to sell these properties this is a big win. For those actively looking for a new home it helps lessen the loss for a property not actually being in Irvine.

eclipxe I understand where you're going with this.  Looking for equal treatment for the Baker Ranch topics...

I mean, why are Tustin Legacy residents worthy of the Irvine forum while BR residents must "rough it" in the OC forum?

These are things which are rarely fully explained to people like you and I but make no mistake, there is something at work here which is bigger than the both of us.

Swordfish said:
I think you will find many of the people who end up living in Tustin Legacy are people who would prefer to live in Irvine but are priced out of that market. They can find a house matching their needs in Tustin for much less or upgrade to a larger house than they would have to settle for in Irvine. Tustin Legacy borders Irvine so is shares some of the same attributes (weather) but certainly not all of them (schools). I think having these threads in the Irvine Real Estate helps to blur the lines between Irvine and Tustin. For people trying to sell these properties this is a big win. For those actively looking for a new home it helps lessen the loss for a property not actually being in Irvine.

Newport Coast, Aliso Viejo, Laguna Hills, and Lake Forest all border Irvine and share similar attributes but are in the OC forum.

aquabliss said:
eclipxe I understand where you're going with this.  Looking for equal treatment for the Baker Ranch topics...

I mean, why are Tustin Legacy residents worthy of the Irvine forum while BR residents must "rough it" in the OC forum?

These are things which are rarely fully explained to people like you and I but make no mistake, there is something at work here which is bigger than the both of us.

Yep, mainly that's it. Fighting the good fight for my BR brethren, but there should be equality for all!  ;)

We need to preserve the purity of the Irvine forum for just real Irvine neighborhoods and not alternatives. If I want a steak and they gave me toxic roast beef instead I'd be upset.

Eclipxe - I lived in irvine for five years before moving to Tustin legacy. When I moved, one of my conditions to continue my TI membership was that anything Tustin related could be posted in the irvine forums. Hope this helps.

qwerty said:
Eclipxe - I lived in irvine for five years before moving to Tustin legacy. When I moved, one of my conditions to continue my TI membership was that anything Tustin related could be posted in the irvine forums. Hope this helps.

:p

I think most people think that area is Irvine anyway. Add that to the fact that West Irvine addresses are served by Tustin Unified by schools located in Irvine. It's a bit jumbled in this area.

A lot of Columbus square listings get listed as Tustin fields, probably to mislead buyers since Tustin fields get the irvine schools.

I'm not sure what the big to do is over this but I guess I read the forum differently than most. I just go to view the recent posts and never notice which forum each thread is in.

tustin real estate should be in the oc thread. newport coast real estate should be in the oc thread. laguna beach real estate should be in the oc thread. irvine real estate is in the irvine real estate thread.

irvinebusiness said:
tustin real estate should be in the oc thread. newport coast real estate should be in the oc thread. laguna beach real estate should be in the oc thread. irvine real estate is in the irvine real estate thread.

Of course. So go message the admin. For posting in the wrong category. The admin can move it.

Who would of thought that this will ruin someone's day.

qwerty said:

That would place you in an excellent position to explain why you thought it necessary to impose such a condition. What was your thinking?

Swordfish said:
qwerty said:

That would place you in an excellent position to explain why you thought it necessary to impose such a condition. What was your thinking?

I was kidding. 

qwerty said:

I didn't know your (or certain people) membership is/are that important to this forum.

Movingup said:
qwerty said:

I didn't know your (or certain people) membership is/are that important to this forum.

Now you know. If it wasn't for qwerty there would be no TalkIrvine or even an Irvine for that matter.

Back