Should I find a agent to go with me?

irvine-villager

Hi,

I'm new to the process of purchasing a new home.

I've heard that you should bring an agent with you to sign up into waiting lists to get a rebate/cash back from the agent since they will get incentives from the builder.

Is that true? If I don't bring an agent with me, is it possible to get more upgrade/rebate from the builder?

What's the benefit of bringing an agent with me? What does he do in the purchase process?

More specifically, I'm interested in Azul and Cielo in PS.

TIA for your response.

All the upgrade/credit from the builder will be given to you depends on the market condition with/without agent.

What you get from the agent throughout the process? He/she can walk you through the process (include loan process if he/she also have a loan license) from buyer side. Yes. Builder agent will do the same thing but remember they are builder's agent. There is always things to pay extra attention within the purchase. Basically, you got nothing to lose for getting a buyer agent on your side.

If you need an buyer agent for the sign-up, I am more than happy to help or answer more questions

1. Bringing an agent doesn't affect upgrades/incentives. In fact, you DON'T get any upgrades or incentives from any builder in PS right now. The only "incentives" you get from Azul is 2%/1% discount on the mortgage rates on the first two years if you go with US Bank. Cielo and Olivewood don't even thave this incentive. There is no incentives on upgrades. You pay more than you would if you were to upgrade after CoE. The only thing is that some things need to be upgraded. We purchased Cielo and we HAD to upgrade kitchen cabinets and all countertops because it doesn't make sense to do those things after CoE. Flooring would cost almost double to go with builder vs. after CoE.

The only things that we got a good price on were Sub-Zero fridge and glass stair rail. Shea originally was going to charge $16,000+ for the Sub-Zero 42", but after I showed them that the MSRP on Wolf's website was $14,000+, the designer brought it up to management and they actually revised it to $13,760, which I gladly took. All the subsequent Cielo buyers should thank me for that. 😂 As for the glass stair rail, Shea is charging around $25k. We brought in the contractor who did our Bluffs glass stair rails and he said he could only match that price, at best. The first quoted $30k+. So we went with Shea on that.

2. The benefit of bringing an agent is that most of them are willing to split the commission 50/50 with you. Cielo offers $50k, Olivewood $40k, but Azul only $20k. So you could get back $25k if you bought Cielo. I'm sure Martin (usctrojancpa) would be happy to help you out.

Back