Shops for Roosevelt/Sand Canyon

ZeroLot

What shops would you like to see in the Sand Canyon/ Roosevelt shopping center?

So far I know the plans have a daycare but what else would make it ideal for you to shop there??

Ironically they tend to duplicate what's at the other shopping centers to make it a default shopping center for the closest residents.

I'd love to see a Sprouts Farmers Market. Some good restaurants too. I loves Noodles & Company but they'll never open there :(

WTTCMN said:
ZeroLot said:

So far I know the plans have a daycare but what else would make it ideal for you to shop there??

Won't happen but since we're just speculating - I would love a yakitori place, a drive thru starbucks, a drive thru dry cleaners and a Swiss farms.

No Starbucks!  Peet's will be great but it's probably too close to the OH location.

I would like some good restaurants and a Target!

Irvinecommuter said:
No Starbucks!  Peet's will be great but it's probably too close to the OH location.

I would like some good restaurants and a Target!

Is there enough land for a Target?

I would love to see a gas station ... Not an Arco one tho.  Would also like a McD's for the emergency fast food fix.

An Urban Plates or Tender Green type restaurant would be awesome.

qwerty said:
ZeroLot said:
I would love to see a gas station ... Not an Arco one tho. 

just out of curiosity, why dont you like Arco's?

Guys keep telling me their gasoline is of lower quality and bad for my car.  I'm not a guy and thus know nothing about engine and car performance ... so I just go with the popular opinion here.

ZeroLot said:
qwerty said:
ZeroLot said:

Guys keep telling me their gasoline is of lower quality and bad for my car.  I'm not a guy and thus know nothing about engine and car performance ... so I just go with the popular opinion here.

i figured that is what it was. ARCO was my client back in the day. and my inlaws used to own gas stations, both private label and branded, for the private label locations they sourced the gas from independent distributors as well as from the big boys.  all gas station gasoline is the same, they all need to meet EPA standards. ARCO is BP, ARCO gas meets the Top Tier designation, just like Exxon, Chevron etc.  the costco gas is just as good as every other gas. dont believe the hype.  ARCO gas was always cheaper because they didnt accept credit cards, some still dont, some do. Cheaper always gets a bad reputation, but in the case of ARCO its not deserved.
http://www.businessinsider.com/no-reason-not-to-use-cheap-off-brand-gas-2013-8

here is an excerpt, business insider references consumer reports:

Independent stations usually buy their fuel from larger, name-brand oil companies, so it?s not much different from what you?d get for a higher price down the road. Off-brand gasoline is sometimes formulated without additives designed to clean the engine, but your car should run fine on that gas.

by the way, that additive (detergent) costs less than 1 penny per gallon.

qwerty said:
ZeroLot said:
qwerty said:
ZeroLot said:

i figured that is what it was. ARCO was my client back in the day. and my inlaws used to own gas stations, both private label and branded, for the private label locations they sourced the gas from independent distributors as well as from the big boys.  all gas station gasoline is the same, they all need to meet EPA standards. ARCO is BP, ARCO gas meets the Top Tier designation, just like Exxon, Chevron etc.  the costco gas is just as good as every other gas. dont believe the hype.  ARCO gas was always cheaper because they didnt accept credit cards, some still dont, some do. Cheaper always gets a bad reputation, but in the case of ARCO its not deserved.
http://www.businessinsider.com/no-reason-not-to-use-cheap-off-brand-gas-2013-8

here is an excerpt, business insider references consumer reports:

Independent stations usually buy their fuel from larger, name-brand oil companies, so it?s not much different from what you?d get for a higher price down the road. Off-brand gasoline is sometimes formulated without additives designed to clean the engine, but your car should run fine on that gas.

by the way, that additive (detergent) costs less than 1 penny per gallon.

Only thing I don't like about Costco gas is that they are 10% to 15% ethanol.  It's cheaper but you might get less mile out of it.  For most cars, you probably couldn't tell the difference.  But for older or high performance vehicles, there will be a noticeable differences in diminish MPG and performance.

irvinehomeowner said:
I like Arco because they usually have an AM/PM attached.

Bad food is so good. :)

i think they were one of the first with the convenience store/gas station set up.  my freshman year at USC i would have an AM/PM meal once a week.

ZeroLot said:

Target. Target. Target.

Fedex Kinkos would be nice (there aren't any in the entire Woodbury/Portola part of Irvine). Not that I use one that often, but it'd be great for the times I need one. I'd certainly use it more than a daycare.

Pieology (or similar pizza place)

Peets. Solely for their pumpkin spice latte during the fall. Someone else mentioned that the OH location may be too close for a location here. Yup, I agree. But, that never stops Starbucks.

A fast food place or two with 24 hour (or at least past 10 pm) drive thru. Getting home late nights I have to go out of my way for a quick bite to eat.

Gas station.

Sprouts or Whole Foods would be nice.

NYT said:
Fedex Kinkos would be nice (there aren't any in the entire Woodbury/Portola part of Irvine). Not that I use one that often, but it'd be great for the times I need one. I'd certainly use it more than a daycare.

+ 1

So glad you mentioned that.  I loathe driving over to Culver/Alton for a kinkos.  But I need to laminate a Build-a-Bear certificate.

Where is this center going exactly?  I see construction on the corner of Sand Canyon and Roosevelt but it looks like apartments or condos.

Back