Shoot out this morning

cubiczirconia

I hope all of you read this:http://www.ocregister.com/news/reportedly-496387-fired-freeway.html
Officially the year of guns?

Four people are dead and two others wounded in multiple shootings near the 55 and 5 freeways, authorities said.

Among the dead is the man believed to be the shooter, police said, who apparently killed himself after officers stopped his car in the city of Orange, said Lt. Paul Garaven of the Tustin Police Department.
Article Tab: road-wanda-orange-directs
An Orange police officer directs traffic on Wanda Road in Orange early Tuesday morning. An investigation continues just up the road as a body lays in the intersection of Wanda Road and Katella Avenue.

The first shooting was reported in Ladera Ranch, where the shooter killed a woman inside a home along Red Leaf Lane, said Jim Amormino, spokesman for the Orange County Sheriff?s Department. The shooting was reported at about 5:20 a.m.

The shooter, descibed only as a male, fled in an SUV, Amormino said.

As authorities searched for the shooter, at least three carjackings were reported in Santa Ana and Tustin, with the gunman firing several times and killing two people, authorities said.

The pursuit came to an end in Orange, when police stopped one of the stolen vehicles near Katella Avenue and Wanda Road, officials said. The man believed to be the gunman in the other shootings killed himself before he was taken into custody, according to officials.

His body, covered with a yellow tarp, was on the ground in the middle of the intersection.

The first carjacking was reported at Red Hill Avenue and Nisson Road, where a bystander was shot, he said. That person was not fatally injured, Garaven said.

Police then received reports of another shooting along Village Way and the 55 freeway, where the shooter is believed to have shot and killed a driver before taking a vehicle.

Officers continued to search for the gunman until they received reports of a man with a gun near the area of Edinger and Newport avenuew. Two people were shot there before the gunman took another vehicle, Garaven said. One of the victims was taken to a hospital. The other died.

While reporting to multiple shooting scenes, officers found the man believed to be the gunman driving on the 55 freeway, Garaven said.

The vehicle was stopped by officers near the intersection of Wanda and Katella.

?The suspect shot and killed himself,? Garaven said, before officers were able to contact him.

Residents stood outside the crime scene tape, where the body of the gunman was visible under a yellow tarp.

"I've never seen anything like this in this neighborhood," said Leo Kueny, a 44-year-old resident. "It's a very strange day."

More information to come.

Liar Loan said:
Thankfully this kind of thing doesn't happen in Irvine.
yeah but that makes irvine boring  :)

as i was walking my dogs this morning  i was hoping for my chance to take down/tackle a perp as he was running away from the cops, but much to my dismay it did not happen. oh well, maybe next time.

hmm... but sometimes there are mountain lion sightings in irvine... u can use ur dog as bait and when one comes out, u can try to fight that instead...

i mean i know its "different"... but we just have to find our own sort of alternatives...

qwerty said:
Liar Loan said:
Thankfully this kind of thing doesn't happen in Irvine.
yeah but that makes irvine boring  :)

as i was walking my dogs this morning  i was hoping for my chance to take down/tackle a perp as he was running away from the cops, but much to my dismay it did not happen. oh well, maybe next time.

world chaos said:
hmm... but sometimes there are mountain lion sightings in irvine... u can use ur dog as bait and when one comes out, u can try to fight that instead...

LOL! That is the biggest risk in Irvine as of now..
So, IHO and I are the only two who want Mountain lions to remain the biggest risk in Irvine? (How are they in Irvine, given the sightings happened around Irvine, not in the city- we are still at risk from Coyotes more than Mountain lions- no?)

I've seen plenty of coyotes in Irvine... I don't want to be on rabies injections for the rest of my life so I try to avoid them.

irvinehomeowner said:
I've seen plenty of coyotes in Irvine... I don't want to be on rabies injections for the rest of my life so I try to avoid them.

Once I almost ran over a racoon on Culver.  I wish the city would do something about this wild animal nuisance.

Liar Loan said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Once I almost ran over a racoon on Culver.  I wish the city would do something about this wild animal nuisance.

The zombie apocalypse will begin with the raccoons. It may have already begun.
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/community-news/dallas/headlines/20130215-distemper-outbreak-causing-zombie-raccoons.ece
Distemper_MAIN_1.jpg

On cloudy days there are always crows banging their beaks on the gutter around the roof. From the inside it sounds like someone is trying to knocking down the house with a hammer. I wish I had a bb gun to blast them away.

And there is always bird poop on top of my mailbox. They don't poop on the first one, the second one, the third one, only on the fourth one, which happens to be mine.

Speaking of annoyance, there is this neighbor who always dresses their identical twin girls the exact same way. OMG, just how similar do they have to get to satisfy these fetishistic parents? So you got two for the price of one, we go the gist and we're not blind.

i will gladly lend u my airsoft m16... ive tweaked it so the fps is bordering legal limits... if u shoot at the bird if close enough, the pellet will definitely penetrate the skin... i bought it specifically to shoot at crows in west LA... but management saw me do it and says its not PC... so they put a fake ceramic owl on top of the condo roof... whatevers... does the same job...

damn so the kid that did this shooting was a 20 year old... this whole case is bizarre... but not as bizarre as the canadian elisa lam jumping into a water tank case... jeez... what is going on in society these days =__=

world chaos said:
damn so the kid that did this shooting was a 20 year old... this whole case is bizarre... but not as bizarre as the canadian elisa lam jumping into a water tank case... jeez... what is going on in society these days =__=

Did you watch the video of her in the elevator?? eeek

world chaos said:

There was also the shootout in Las Vegas involving a Maserati and a pimped out SUV.  The SUV shoots and kills driver of Maserati which crashes into taxi, exploding and killing both occupants of the taxi.  All this at the intersection of Flamingo and Las Vegas Blvd, one of the busiest intersections in Vegas.  Talk about Grand Theft Auto material.  It's been an exciting 2013 so far, and not in a good way.

About the 20 year old..
Was listening to 600AM, and they made a big deal of how kids play video games and are bullied at school.. Which according to them is the root cause for all this mess.

What do TIers think?

Cubic Zirconia said:
About the 20 year old..
Was listening to 600AM, and they made a big deal of how kids play video games and are bullied at school.. Which according to them is the root cause for all this mess.

What do TIers think?

Violent video games probably attract violent people to some extent, but I don't think they create violent people any more than violent movies, music, or books do.  If there was a causal effect then why don't the millions of video gamers in the world go on shooting sprees?  KFI isn't very scientific when they analyze these things.  It's mostly generational because the older conservative listeners of KFI don't relate as much to video gamers, so it makes sense to them.

Liar Loan said:
Cubic Zirconia said:
About the 20 year old..

What do TIers think?

Violent video games probably attract violent people to some extent, but I don't think they create violent people any more than violent movies, music, or books do.  If there was a causal effect then why don't the millions of video gamers in the world go on shooting sprees?  KFI isn't very scientific when they analyze these things.  It's mostly generational because the older conservative listeners of KFI don't relate as much to video gamers, so it makes sense to them.

Sorry I misread 600AM so you weren't talking about KFI.  I heard KFI talking about this same topic yesterday.

Update to GTA: Las Vegas

http://www.lvrj.com/news/don-t-cry-for-kenny-clutch-an-affliction-waiting-to-happen-192829941.html
Don't cry for 'Kenny Clutch,' an affliction waiting to happen
John L. Smith
Posted: Feb. 24, 2013 | 2:21 a.m.

The bullet Kenny Cherry Jr. courted left the barrel years ago

Despite having no visible means of income, he drove a Maserati and stayed in a $2,900-a-month condominium at the Metropolis at 360 E. Desert Inn Road.

Wow... sounds like a great lifestyle.  What kind of business was he in?

After encountering him again at a Strip nightclub, [his baby mama] struck up a relationship she didn't imagine would lead to a life of prostitution in Las Vegas. Maybe it's because the rapping Cherry seemed so generous, so loyal and dependable.

"He promised me the world and I believed every bit of it," she recalled in 2012. "He invited me to move to Las Vegas and 'check it out.' I felt like I had nothing else solid going on and figured it might be fun to live someplace else. I was naive. I had faith and confidence in him and that he wanted a future with me. I did not know at the time that my future would consist of prostituting myself, getting beaten up by Ken on a regular basis, and being arrested and going to jail 27 times.

" I don't know how to explain how it happened in a way that would make sense to anyone. He said it was 'no big deal' and 'easy money.'?"

Before long, she was working six nights a week. Her evening quota was $1,500. Come home without it and face the consequences.

"Kenny took every penny I made," she said.

That's $9,000 a week to beat up on one woman.  How many other working women did he control?

Unfortunately, every business has its hidden costs.

Kenny Clutch caught his bullet Thursday morning on the Boulevard

The SUV owner and suspected shooter was himself a pimp living in luxury high rise condo.  (I'm starting to notice a trend here.)

Maybe knowledge of his job slipped the mind of his attorney Vicki Greco when she told a reporter Cherry was no gang member and, "He was a loyal, dependable friend, and we at the law firm will miss him."

Back