Shared driveway rules

lnc said:
What just happen here, how do we get from "share driveway"  to "high school population" all the sudden? :)
TI threads always end up comparing schools... or race.
Regarding to high school population,  Woodbridge High have highest Whit vs Asian ration and have lowest API score among others.  Hmmmm....
See.

irvinehomeowner said:
lnc said:
What just happen here, how do we get from "share driveway"  to "high school population" all the sudden? :)
TI threads always end up comparing schools... or race.
Regarding to high school population,  Woodbridge High have highest Whit vs Asian ration and have lowest API score among others.  Hmmmm....
See.

with a little sexual talk here and there.

I posted a very informative stat on Irvine high schools....even though it's on the shared drive ways thread, in the not much read "Owner's Issues".

It took me 5 goddam minutes and no one thanked me..bastards.

zubs said:
Here are the high school population between Asians and Whites in Irvine:

Northwood High School
Total Students: 1,442
White - 477
Asian - 753

Irvine High School
Total Students: 1,264
White - 373
Asian - 543

University High School
Total Students: 1,684
White - 606
Asian - 825

Woodbridge High School

Total Students: 1,747
White - 765
Asian - 593

Looks like Woodbridge is a hold out, but I'm sure white flight will take care of that in the near future.

Data is from this website:http://api.cde.ca.gov/Acnt2013/2013GrowthSch.aspx?allcds=30736503030285

When a kid is mixed, which side does the tally mark go on? When I lived in Portola Springs, it seems like a lot of the whites that I knew were in interracial marriages w/ mixed kids.

SoCal said:
When a kid is mixed, which side does the tally mark go on? When I lived in Portola Springs, it seems like a lot of the whites that I knew were in interracial marriages w/ mixed kids.

The kid should be tested for aZn language proficiency.  If they pass, then aZn side.  If they fail, then white side.

All aZn kids, mixed or not should go through this proficiency test.

That'll really skew the test scores.

my kid will be checking the "hispanic" box. i think i received the harvard offer letter in the mail the other day already - class of 2031.

bones said:
qwerty said:
my kid will be checking the "hispanic" box. i think i received the harvard offer letter in the mail the other day already - class of 2031.

1. unless your kid is already 4, its class of 2035.
2. last time I checked, my son will get that spot.  Legacies > Hispanics. 

i meant entering class.  legacies > hispanics, doubt it.  they got plenty of other legacies, they need more hispanics.

bones said:
qwerty said:
bones said:
qwerty said:

i meant entering class.  legacies > hispanics, doubt it.  they got plenty of other legacies, they need more hispanics.

Not at Harvard.  ~30% admit rate for legacies. Legacies make up ~10% of the class. Plus it's all about the endowment. Legacies and alumni donation goes hand in hand.  Your kid can go to Yale. They don't love legacies as much.

screw yale, she can go to the harvard of the west, stanford.

bones said:
qwerty said:
bones said:
qwerty said:

Not at Harvard.  ~30% admit rate for legacies. Legacies make up ~10% of the class. Plus it's all about the endowment. Legacies and alumni donation goes hand in hand.  Your kid can go to Yale. They don't love legacies as much.

Again, well played!!

/Golf Clap!

qwerty said:
bones said:
qwerty said:
bones said:
qwerty said:

sniff sniff!! A mexican getting into Stanford  :'(

homer_simpson said:
qwerty said:
bones said:
qwerty said:
bones said:
qwerty said:

dont worry man, she is only half. half a mexican at stanford shouldnt impact the schools ratings too much, i hope.

qwerty said:
homer_simpson said:
qwerty said:
bones said:
qwerty said:
bones said:
qwerty said:

dont worry man, she is only half. half a mexican at stanford shouldnt impact the schools ratings too much, i hope.

crossing fingers!! Maybe my son will marry your daughter!  ;)

homer_simpson said:
crossing fingers!! Maybe my son will marry your daughter!  ;)

Sorry, she's already spoken for. I think the family prefers a little cream in their coffee, anyway. Qwertette may have my eldest. If she doesn't like him, I've got a back-up. The Heir & The Spare. I'm way ahead of you.

abcd1234 said:
Why do they have Filipino as a separate category?  Why can't they go with Asians?

probably because East Asians (Chinese, Korean, Japanese) segregate themselves into calling themselves "Asians"...Southeastern Asians and Filipinos are not seen as "Asians"...nor are Asian Indians.

Back