Shameful McCain

socalmd_IHB

Wow, McCain will now be remembered as a liar and deceiver who sold his soul to get elected. And he will lose big time. He will be remembered not as a maverick, but rather as one of the dirtiest politicians in history. Simply stated McCain is a political whore.

[quote author="socalmd" date=1221617838]Wow, McCain will now be remembered as a liar and deceiver who sold his soul to get elected. And he will lose big time. He will be remembered not as a maverick, but rather as one of the dirtiest politicians in history. Simply stated McCain is a political whore.</blockquote>

We are you SO against posting on one of the existing threads about this topic? You clearly need some attention if you keep starting your own threads on a topic which has MANY already.

[quote author="BMP 309" date=1221627078][quote author="socalmd" date=1221617838]Wow, McCain will now be remembered as a liar and deceiver who sold his soul to get elected. And he will lose big time. He will be remembered not as a maverick, but rather as one of the dirtiest politicians in history. Simply stated McCain is a political whore.</blockquote>

We are you SO against posting on one of the existing threads about this topic? You clearly need some attention if you keep starting your own threads on a topic which has MANY already.</blockquote>

No actually the fact that McCain is a political whore had not yet been mentioned so I felt it deserved its own topic. Thanks for asking!

<a href="http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/10/06/in_fla_palin_goes_for_the_roug.html">This is very disturbing</a> (toward the bottom, in bold).

<blockquote>CLEARWATER, Fla. -- "Okay, so Florida, you know that you're going to have to hang onto your hats," Sarah Palin told a rally of a few thousand here this morning, "because from now until Election Day it may get kind of rough."

You betcha. And the person dishing out the roughest stuff at the moment is Sarah Palin.

"I was reading my copy of the New York Times the other day," she said.

"Booooo!" replied the crowd.

"I knew you guys would react that way, okay," she continued. "So I was reading the New York Times and I was really interested to read about Barack's friends from Chicago."

It was time to revive the allegation, made over the weekend, that Obama "pals around" with terrorists, in this case Bill Ayers, late of the Weather Underground. Many independent observers say Palin's allegations are a stretch; Obama served on a Chicago charitable board with Ayers, now an education professor, and has condemned his past activities.

"Now it turns out, one of his earliest supporters is a man named Bill Ayers," Palin said.

"Boooo!" said the crowd.

"And, according to the New York Times, he was a domestic terrorist and part of a group that, quote, 'launched a campaign of bombings that would target the Pentagon and our U.S. Capitol,'" she continued.

"Boooo!" the crowd repeated.

<strong>

"Kill him!" proposed one man in the audience.</strong>

Palin went on to say that "Obama held one of the first meetings of his political career in Bill Ayers's living room, and they've worked together on various projects in Chicago." Here, Palin began to connect the dots. "These are the same guys who think that patriotism is paying higher taxes -- remember that's what Joe Biden had said. "And" -- she paused and sighed -- "I am just so fearful that this is not a man who sees America the way you and I see America, as the greatest force for good in the world. I'm afraid this is someone who sees America as 'imperfect enough' to work with a former domestic terrorist who had targeted his own country."

"Boooo!" said the audience.

</blockquote>

Interesting reader post from The Economist article:

The election may be called off next week if Senator Obama is not able to produce for a court the "long-form" birth certificate proving that he was actually born in Hawaii. While this seems quite unlikely, you can read the court filing for yourself <a href="http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/pennsylvania/paedce/2:2008cv04083/281573/13/0.html ">here</a>. More than likely, this is all just a rumor. Some however might be interested in the court filing.

I read it and it is simple enough. It alleges that Obama was born in Kenya, that the airline would not let his mother return to Hawaii because her pregnancy was too advanced. If she returned shortly after giving birth she could have then registered him in Hawaii, and he would have a "short form" birth certificate.

It asks for three documents that if released to the court, would prove that Obama was born in Hawaii. There is no good reason for the judge to deny this request, Obama will be required to prove where he was born. If he was born in Kenya, he cannot be president. If he cannot prove that he was really born in Hawaii, he cannot be President. Everyone born in a hospital in Hawaii can prove this.

If the airline really did refuse her flight, then the election is now over. The lawyer involved is a close ally of Hillary Clinton, who would presumably replace Obama.

[quote author="bugmenot" date=1223387633]Interesting reader post from The Economist article:

The election may be called off next week if Senator Obama is not able to produce for a court the "long-form" birth certificate proving that he was actually born in Hawaii. While this seems quite unlikely, you can read the court filing for yourself <a href="http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/pennsylvania/paedce/2:2008cv04083/281573/13/0.html ">here</a>. More than likely, this is all just a rumor. Some however might be interested in the court filing.

I read it and it is simple enough. It alleges that Obama was born in Kenya, that the airline would not let his mother return to Hawaii because her pregnancy was too advanced. If she returned shortly after giving birth she could have then registered him in Hawaii, and he would have a "short form" birth certificate.

It asks for three documents that if released to the court, would prove that Obama was born in Hawaii. There is no good reason for the judge to deny this request, Obama will be required to prove where he was born. If he was born in Kenya, he cannot be president. If he cannot prove that he was really born in Hawaii, he cannot be President. Everyone born in a hospital in Hawaii can prove this.

If the airline really did refuse her flight, then the election is now over. The lawyer involved is a close ally of Hillary Clinton, who would presumably replace Obama.</blockquote>

Berg is an idiot. . .the linked document is not an "order" but a "proposed order" from Berg. It is what he wants the court to find. Notice there is no signature or date.

Obama has proven his citizenship. . .he had to do that before he ran for President.

Also, there is plenty of reason why the Court would deny the request including the frivolous nature of the case.

This thing has been discredited so many times by so many sources. Here is one good one:

<a href="http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html">http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html</a>

Silly season again. . . .back to the original topic

McCain is willing to do anything at this point to get elected. The Rolling Stones article is fantastic in describing McCain's history of putting himself first.

Eva, thanks for the post.

There is no way these people should be in charge of anything having to do with protecting the rights of american citizens.

What next? Hinting that Lynchings are patriotic?

[quote author="IrvineCommuter" date=1223413767]

McCain is willing to do anything at this point to get elected. The Rolling Stones article is fantastic in describing McCain's history of putting himself first.</blockquote>

He even said it himself at the 2008 RNC, "I'm going to fight for <strong>MY CAUSE</strong> every day as your president."*

I thought it was all about "Country First"? Or was it change?

<a href="http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=94302894">* Ctrl F, if you don't believe me.</a>

[quote author="socalmd" date=1221617838]Wow, McCain will now be remembered as a liar and deceiver who sold his soul to get elected. And he will lose big time. He will be remembered not as a maverick, but rather as one of the dirtiest politicians in history. Simply stated McCain is a political whore.</blockquote>

Not to dispute your opinion, but can you point to <em>any </em>politician that is not a political whore?

[quote author="IrvineRenter" date=1223422791][quote author="socalmd" date=1221617838]Wow, McCain will now be remembered as a liar and deceiver who sold his soul to get elected. And he will lose big time. He will be remembered not as a maverick, but rather as one of the dirtiest politicians in history. Simply stated McCain is a political whore.</blockquote>

Not to dispute your opinion, but can you point to <em>any </em>politician that is not a political whore?</blockquote>

THE GOVENATOR ARRRNOLD.

HE IS NOT A WHORE. HE JUST LOVES CALI-FOR-NA!

[quote author="IrvineRenter" date=1223422791][quote author="socalmd" date=1221617838]Wow, McCain will now be remembered as a liar and deceiver who sold his soul to get elected. And he will lose big time. He will be remembered not as a maverick, but rather as one of the dirtiest politicians in history. Simply stated McCain is a political whore.</blockquote>

Not to dispute your opinion, but can you point to <em>any </em>politician that is not a political whore?</blockquote>
Ron Paul.

Good point, I guess it's the degree of political whoreness.

I may not adequately understand your definition of a political whore, but I would contend the following:

- Ronald Reagan. I think he honestly believed in his heart that totalitarianism was bad and that if he could do something to stop it, he should. I could see that you might think he was political whore because he got in bed with the Christian Right to create a large enough coalition to win, when I don't think he cared about their issues all that much.

-Bill Clinton. I think Bill Clinton honestly cared about the plight of the poor and middle class in America and wanted to do what he could to improve their lot. I'm still not sure why he thought NAFTA would help, but everyone is wrong sometimes (and he pissed of Labor to boot). I guess his joining up with Wall Street / Big Business might have been his moment of political whoring.

-Thomas Jefferson. I think he sincerely believed that banks and merchants would eventually be bad for the US, and that the US should place more emphasis on its agrarian economy. I don't know if he had any unholy alliances.

There are probably more, but work calls.

<strong><span style="font-size: 16px;">Make-Believe Maverick</span></strong>

<em>

<span style="font-size: 13px;">A closer look at the life and career of John McCain reveals a disturbing record of recklessness and dishonesty </span></em>

<a href="http://www.rollingstone.com/news/coverstory/make_believe_maverick_the_real_john_mccain">Rolling Stone article</a>

Back