Shady Canyon

jyeh74

Is there a way to check out the homes in Shady Canyon by walking?  I know there is a gate which doesn't allow visitors, but I see people hike.  I wonder if they allow random hikers to enter or are there more gates within the community?

Plenty of open houses on the weekends, could just drive up and say you're for an open house, park and then walk around.

I was thinking random weekdays.  I believe there are multiple gates inside.  Anyone here on the forums live there?

I was interested in buying a lot there years way back. Yes there are multiple gates in there but if you are walking you can slide under easily.

shokunin said:
Plenty of open houses on the weekends, could just drive up and say you're for an open house, park and then walk around.

I don't know if it's changed, but a couple of years ago we tried to see open houses in Shady and were turned down by the guard because we needed to contact the open house agent to get on the list at the gate before going to the open house and other people also confirmed that was the gate policy.  I don't know if the bad housing market has caused the gate policy to be changed now.

There's a bike/walking trail that links Quail Hill to Bommer Canyon.  You're not supposed to leave the trail, but it's possible.  I wouldn't be surprised if security came to try to arrest you if you attempted to wander around on your own.  For open houses I'm pretty sure you have to call the broker in advance.  You can't just drive up to the gate and say you're looking.  You used to be able to but I think some of the few people who actually live there didn't like lookie-loos (or people taking short-cuts) driving though on the weekend so they quickly put a stop to that.

Back