Sendero in Rancho Mission Viejo

I'm just curious, how will  the property value of Sendero be effected being next to Gavilan (the 55+ community)?

Can any realtors give a quick insight/comparison on Laguna Hills and the surrounding home values around the 55+ community there?

I like the floor layouts. I think it is a bit far from work. ALSO, they have no planned local schools so that was a dealbreaker.

HOA (215 for homes and 324 for condos) and tax rate including MR (1.6%)
There's also a 1/8 of 1% fee you pay on your first purchase that goes into a "fund" for events

Will there be thousands of affordable housing built here like in Irvine? I'm guessing the answer is NO. 
JasonTheArtist said:
The prices seem a little high for it being a new community. Who do they think they are, Irvine? Mwahahahahah :mad: :mad: (evil laugh)

ak said:
Will there be thousands of affordable housing built here like in Irvine? I'm guessing the answer is NO. 
JasonTheArtist said:
The prices seem a little high for it being a new community. Who do they think they are, Irvine? Mwahahahahah :mad: :mad: (evil laugh)

I'm I the only one on this blog that sees the good in affordable housing being offered in Irvine?

JasonTheArtist said:

quattroporte can't afford Irvine.

Can you outline for me the good in having affordable housing mixed in with market driven homes?  Maybe I'll change my positon on this issue.

ak said:
Can you outline for me the good in having affordable housing mixed in with market driven homes?  Maybe I'll change my positon on this issue.

Depends, Which way do you lean? Towards the left, or towards the right?

JasonTheArtist said:
ak said:

Depends, Which way do you lean? Towards the left, or towards the right?

I'm in the middle.  I need someone to educate me on this issue.  For me, if you have thousands of affordable housing units this eventually leads to less pride of community and lower home values. 

not opining on affordable housing (or a new sports stadium, or a new power line pole, or a cell tower)... but it often appears that those who push for a certain element to be added to a community, usually do not live in that said community...  (a.k.a NIMBY'ism).

Westsiiide! said:
not opining on affordable housing (or a new sports stadium, or a new power line pole, or a cell tower)... but it often appears that those who push for a certain element to be added to a community, usually do not live in that said community...  (a.k.a NIMBY'ism).
That is so TRUE!  Look at the folks in Seal Beach and Aliso Viejo.  Talk about activism by the folks that live there who overwhelmingly shot down affordable high density housing developments within their backyards.  People in Irvine can't do this because more than 50% of the population are renters who have no stake in the game.

quattroporte said:
test said:
JasonTheArtist said:

quattroporte can't afford Irvine.

Probably not. And you live where again?

Newport Beach.  I own property in Tustin and Irvine.  That's why I'm here.  Why are you here?

Back