Seeking help -- determining my landlord?s financing

tdog_IHB

A request for help: I'm just about to sign a lease on a condo and would love to know the financing the landlord has on the place. Is there anyone with access to such info willing to lend a hand? Many thanks in advance.

Technically the note or loan is not public information. But you can see the deed of trust, which will usually show the up to amount for the loan. If you are in South County, then go to the recorders office on el toro next to circuit city and search land records by last name.

I've heard some people are beginning to ask to see a canceled check of an owner's most recent mortgage payment. He may laugh at you, but you did provide him with an app and credit report. If you are well qualified, it doesn't seem like too much to ask in return.

[quote author="dog" date=1236223742]A request for help: I'm just about to sign a lease on a condo and would love to know the financing the landlord has on the place. Is there anyone with access to such info willing to lend a hand? Many thanks in advance.</blockquote>
PM me the address of the property and I'll check the property records on MLS for you.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1236230314][quote author="dog" date=1236223742]A request for help: I'm just about to sign a lease on a condo and would love to know the financing the landlord has on the place. Is there anyone with access to such info willing to lend a hand? Many thanks in advance.</blockquote>
PM me the address of the property and I'll check the property records on MLS for you.</blockquote>

If 'SC's info doesn't pan out, I can do a title search for you.

Thanks to all who responded -- Irvine Realtor checked it out for me (in this case, appears to be little or no debt on the property so I'm feeling pretty good about it).

Very much appreciate all the offers of assistance, and big props to Irvine Realtor for coming through.

[quote author="dog" date=1236231681]Thanks to all who responded -- Irvine Realtor checked it out for me (in this case, appears to be little or no debt on the property so I'm feeling pretty good about it).

Very much appreciate all the offers of assistance, and big props to Irvine Realtor for coming through.</blockquote>

good, then its just a normal rental thingie. Good luck

-bix

Back