Secret revealed at IHB, today only!

Heh... I was about to post this too.

My title was going to be:

"What happens in IHB, stays in IHB... today only."

For those who haven't read it, today's blog post details 2 properties in Las Vegas that IrvineRenter has flipped for his investment fund. It's an interesting read but I still have my doubts about investing in Sin City.

There is still a chance that either or both will fall out of escrow, but Alexander Hills is scheduled to close on November 18. When it does close, I will no longer be able to accept new investors into the fund.

It seemed more like a thinly-veiled last ditch solicitation effort. Would have been a lot nicer if he waited until one of them had closed. As it stands, if a regulator was a daily reader, he could get dinged on it without the typical disclaimer:

This Internet communication does not constitute an offering of advisory services or any securities. Offerings of securities are made only by prospectus or private offering memoranda by persons who are registered, or not required to be registered as broker-dealers or agents in the particular jurisdiction. blah blah blah Past Performance is not indicative of future results.

On another note, I do enjoy reading his Blog and wish him success in his venture

Not to knock on IR, but I guess his fund wasn't large enough to pick up properties here in Orange County.  I too believe that there's money to be made out in Vegas with flipping foreclosed properties, but you have to be a lot more careful because the homes could be TRASHED.

trashed, plus if you don't know the areas really well you might pick a property that seems like a deal but is in an area that won't sell as well.  I can't imagine property is moving out there all that fast what wiht the massive selection of foreclosures available not to mention new homes not to MENTION the 15% unemployment rate.  I'm sure he did his due diligence but I dunno, I'm just not comfortable with it - I was seriously considering buying out there fora little while but I got cold feet.

Back