Screen Names

prayformojo.jpg

I shortened mine from the "xsocal land merchant" that I used on that other forum.

I spent 25 plus years in the real estate business in socal and retired to the mountains of Arizona basically trading the ocean for the forests. Currently spend most of my time hiking, offroading, and shooting. All things hard to do in the OC.

I happen to be a broker in both Ca and Az but only use it for my own transactions.

I need to add my old avatar from IHB as I just picked a graphic from the choices offered.

My first few months on IHB was interesting as I bumped heads with awgee, Trooper and some of the old timers due to my background. It is interesting to stay in touch with the events in the OC although I often feel as I am watching a movie due to my new objectivity from afar.

enjoy!

My not very original and now not applicable screen name. <!-- s:p -->:p<!-- s:p -->

Rented at several IAC apartments over the years but recently moved into a private rental. Although I mostly loved IAC, there is something to be said about your own attached 2 car garage and more privacy of a detached home. Waiting out the Irvine RE market for now.

Bix

Glad to see you made it over here.

Any new "hardware"? I orderd a Henry Repeating Arms
lever action saddle carbine. It has a brass receiver with walnut stock and 20" octagonal barrel and looks like the old western .30.30.

Its a .22 LR so I can afford to shoot it.

Enjoy!

My handle was first used ten years ago. Then it just meant that I am not a diamond yet. Now it just shows my laziness in inventing new handle names:)

The picture.. my love for coffee+all things retro.

I joined the blogs on the "site that shall not be named" about the time my alma mater was on a great run to the NCAA Basketball final four. But I'm definitely not a sports nut.

I recently learned that there is also a "GoIllini" on the Huffington Post blogs. That is definitely NOT me! Yikes! I may have to place a disclaimer on all my future posts!

[quote author="centralcoast"]Haiku is a good name
no need to limit self to form
Write Haiku, please write![/quote]

Should of thought it out
Wish I chose Rappin' Haiku
I am such a foo

[quote author="haiku"]Wish for a new name
Writing only haikus sucks
I now hate haikus

[/quote]

Hard to write haiku
I have much respect for you
Please do not feel blue

[quote author="traceimage"]
I now hate haikus

[/quote]

Hard to write haiku
Please do not feel blue[/quote]

Wish I could be you
Rhymin and rappin haiku
Just took me to school

I now hate haikus

[/quote]

Hard to write haiku

A haiku throw down
Let's battle at The Shelter
You be Cheddar Bob

[quote author="haiku"]

Hard to write haiku

A haiku throw down
Let's battle at The Shelter
You be Cheddar Bob

[/quote]

With you not compete
I'd most certainly be beat
Be stomped by your feet

Winex and Novaseline
Met at an Irvine crime scene.
No bodies were found
But it shouldn't astound:
Such meetings are always wiped clean.

[quote author="714snoopy"]<new user to Talk Irvine>

My screen name? I like snoopy and its been a name I've used since I was a wee lad.

Warning: This next part maybe needs to have its own thread ... sorry!

More importantly, @winex, I'm a Linux User. I would assume you are too? I dumped M$ Windows about 2 years ago and never looked back. I've been using Linux Mint recently and really love it! The best thing, for those who don't know, its a totally free operating system for your PC or MAC. And runs so much more smoothly than Windows. Also, it comes with Open Office pre-installed. I'm slowly but surely getting my friends and family to switch over. Any one else!?

www.linuxmint.com or
www.ubuntu.com

Sorry for shame-less Linux "plug" ... I can't help it! But, how else do you get people to know there are alternatives to paying for junk?[/quote]

714Snoopy, I've been working in Unix and Linux environments since 1992. At home I have 5 machines. 2 are dual boot Windows 7/Linux machines. 2 are Linux only. And 1 is a Hackintosh.

Back