Scotch

homer_simpson

I've been enjoying Scotch for the last 2 years and wondered if anyone else on TI also enjoy Scotch?

I'm currently working on the Macallan 12, Glenlivet 18 and the Oban 14.  Costco has a sale on the Oban 14 right now and it's really good with a nice bite to it.

Here's a pic of the Oban 14, it was $47 after the instant rebate. 

10205BE4-755E-4A47-A9EB-EAE1A165F563-6744-000006A8EE3C8DC9.jpg

Costco has good sales on scotches every holiday season.  I picked up some Oban last year for around $43.  The year before I picked up Macallan 15 Fine Oak for about $50 IIRC.  Anyway, my preference for scotch is Speyside>Highland>>>Islay.  I'm not a fan of the peat/smokiness of Islay, some ppl love that flavor, not me.  Speyside and Highland are more fruity/elegant without the overpowing peat for my palate.  My current favorites from Speyside include, but not limited to are:  Glenrothes, Dalwhinnie, Aberlour, Balvenie, Cragganmore, Glenlivit & Macallan.  The only Highland I buy on a regular basis is Glenmorangie and even then don't buy a lot.  I'm not buying Oban anymore.  I feel it has a weird medicinal/iodine taste to it that's off putting.  I've tried Bowmore, Laphroaig, and Lagavulin and again too smoky for me.  There are other scotches that I drink, but are harder to find, all of these are readily available.  Also note that these producers have a whole line-up of different ages and oak regimens and just cuz you like one of the bottles doesn't neccessarily mean you'll like the others.  Currently, my house scotch is Glenrothes.

OCgasman said:
Costco has good sales on scotches every holiday season.  I picked up some Oban last year for around $43.  The year before I picked up Macallan 15 Fine Oak for about $50 IIRC.  Anyway, my preference for scotch is Speyside>Highland>>>Islay.  I'm not a fan of the peat/smokiness of Islay, some ppl love that flavor, not me.  Speyside and Highland are more fruity/elegant without the overpowing peat for my palate.  My current favorites from Speyside include, but not limited to are:  Glenrothes, Dalwhinnie, Aberlour, Balvenie, Cragganmore, Glenlivit & Macallan.  The only Highland I buy on a regular basis is Glenmorangie and even then don't buy a lot.  I'm not buying Oban anymore.  I feel it has a weird medicinal/iodine taste to it that's off putting.  I've tried Bowmore, Laphroaig, and Lagavulin and again too smoky for me.  There are other scotches that I drink, but are harder to find, all of these are readily available.  Also note that these producers have a whole line-up of different ages and oak regimens and just cuz you like one of the bottles doesn't neccessarily mean you'll like the others.  Currently, my house scotch is Glenrothes.

Nice!! I'm going to give those a try :)

Back