Santa Clara @ Stonegate

couplebuyers said:
Just received an email from ipac pushing the plan 1 as the only single living available in any of the new developments.  This is the least expensive unit but is the least popular judging by sales.  What is the biggest disadvantage to this unit?  IMO the fact that the second bath isn't a full prevents the optional den from being used as a guest room.

Basically you're getting a one bedroom "apartment" for 300k+.  And only 1 car garage.

shadax said:
couplebuyers said:
Just received an email from ipac pushing the plan 1 as the only single living available in any of the new developments.  This is the least expensive unit but is the least popular judging by sales.  What is the biggest disadvantage to this unit?  IMO the fact that the second bath isn't a full prevents the optional den from being used as a guest room.

Maybe in iPac developments...  because what about San Carlos Court in PS?  From what I've seen, one bedroom units are the first to be slaughtered when prices fall and it's what..15-20% more for a legit 2-bedroom there?  Seems like a no-brainer

I agree.  There is the plan one in Espalanade as well which is only slightly larger and offers a second bedroom, laundry room and 2 car garage.  At 406k its 50k more but you are getting a lot more for your money.

couplebuyers said:
shadax said:
couplebuyers said:

Maybe in iPac developments...  because what about San Carlos Court in PS?  From what I've seen, one bedroom units are the first to be slaughtered when prices fall and it's what..15-20% more for a legit 2-bedroom there?  Seems like a no-brainer

I agree.  There is the plan one in Espalanade as well which is only slightly larger and offers a second bedroom, laundry room and 2 car garage.  At 406k its 50k more but you are getting a lot more for your money.

On a strictly $/sqft basis it's competitive to superior-  on committing the cardinal sin of floorplans, sharing a bedroom wall with the master, it's terrible. 

New first time buyer here, I was about to purchase a 2 br "B" 1293 sq ft at San Carlos Court (PS) until I viewed Santa Clara. 

I went today and it appears there are two units left of Residence 3.  The lady I spoke with said they were not offering any incentives except for $1500 towards closing.  I'm leaving $20k in incentives at San Carlos Court for consideration of Santa Clara.

I was also told that they are having no issues with selling Santa Clara units.

I'm going to have my real estate agent talk with the builder tomorrow.  I've already been pre-approved by BofA (I know SC uses Wells) with 20% down.  I'm hoping I can at the very least get $10k to cover closing costs and maybe some upgrades.  Do you think this is realistic?

Thanks

NASCAR24 said:
New first time buyer here, I was about to purchase a 2 br "B" 1293 sq ft at San Carlos Court (PS) until I viewed Santa Clara. 

I went today and it appears there are two units left of Residence 3.  The lady I spoke with said they were not offering any incentives except for $1500 towards closing.  I'm leaving $20k in incentives at San Carlos Court for consideration of Santa Clara.

I'm going to have my real estate agent talk with the builder tomorrow.  I've already been pre-approved by BofA (I know SC uses Wells) with 20% down.  I'm hoping I can at the very least get $10k to cover closing costs and maybe some upgrades.  Do you think this is realistic?

Thanks

Typically iPac doesn't deal like at all.  If they are selling well, then they likely won't give you anything.  Doesn't hurt to try though.

Nous said:
NASCAR24 said:

Thanks

Typically iPac doesn't deal like at all.  If they are selling well, then they likely won't give you anything.  Doesn't hurt to try though.
I had the exact same experience...they did not want to negotiate at all on two standing inventory homes.

doesn't sound promising...guess i'll put my money back in a money market fund for now and wait it out for awhile...after seeing Santa Clara it has taken all of the excitement i had for San Carlos Court which lacks so much compared to Santa Clara....

Fight on!...from a fellow Trojan also a CPA but now in product at an OEM Automotive manufacturer hq'ed in Irvine...

NASCAR24 said:
doesn't sound promising...guess i'll put my money back in a money market fund for now and wait it out for awhile...after seeing Santa Clara it has taken all of the excitement i had for San Carlos Court which lacks so much compared to Santa Clara....

Fight on!...from a fellow Trojan also a CPA but now in product at an OEM Automotive manufacturer hq'ed in Irvine...
Always good to run into a fellow Trojan on the forums.  I'm a realtor with a CPA so us CPAs can be very versatile and jack of many trades.  ;)

USCTrojanCPA said:
NASCAR24 said:

Always good to run into a fellow Trojan on the forums.

Another Trojan alumni here...both undergrad and masters. Gotta love the Trojan spirit! Fight On!

NASCAR24 said:

Thanks

Just curious, what is making you want to opt out of San Carlos Court for Santa Clara (or holdout for another option)? Is it the amenities or the overall setup of the comparable units?

kubert13 said:
NASCAR24 said:

Thanks

Just curious, what is making you want to opt out of San Carlos Court for Santa Clara (or holdout for another option)? Is it the amenities or the overall setup of the comparable units?

I'm not certain about Santa Clara but in general the HOAs and MRs are lower in SG.  I would also say that location is a little better as Santa Clara is further from a main road than SCC.

kubert13 said:

Overall layout is the issue.
SCC: 3x3 shower > small no place to put my wash towel, soap, etc.  3 floors, small kitchen area, living room layout is not ideal for me to setup my home "theatre" application. 
I probably jumped the gun on SCC since I really haven't seriously looked at other townhomes in WB and SG. 
I'll probably go look at Santa Rosa today.  I've looked at these about a year ago and I believe the layout suited my needs better than the SCC units.

Has anyone been into the Santa Clara sales office lately?  Its seems like its been about 3 months since they released the second phase.  Wonder if they have sold any of the plan 1 or 3.  Thanks.

couplebuyers said:
Has anyone been into the Santa Clara sales office lately?  Its seems like its been about 3 months since they released the second phase.  Wonder if they have sold any of the plan 1 or 3.  Thanks.
I was in there yesterday with one of my buyers who bought a Plan 3 in Phase 2.  Looks like they have sold most all of the units in Phase 1 & 2.  They should be releasing Phase 3 soon.

USCTrojanCPA said:
couplebuyers said:
I was in there yesterday with one of my buyers who bought a Plan 3 in Phase 2.  Looks like they have sold most all of the units in Phase 1 & 2.  They should be releasing Phase 3 soon.

I am curious if the prices have changed since their initial release?

kayochan said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
couplebuyers said:

I am curious if the prices have changed since their initial release?

I know that when they released the second phase they flipped the pricing for the plan 2 and plan 2.  I also was told Wells Fargo was offering a $1500 incentive but that was it.

I revisited them over the weekend. Plan 2 is hands down the best floor plan; in fact it is the best floor plan for 2BR homes I have seen in all of the 2010/2011 new home collections that I don't mind paying a premium to live in it. The sales rep said they flipped the price between 2 and 3 because plan 2 costs more to build. Phase 2 seems sold out with 1 lot reserved. One plan 2 of phase 3 is sold. I kind of hoping Santa Clara would sell better because that means it neighbor Santa Maria would come out sooner - I believe Santa Maria is going to be a winner; as it would be Los Altos II but in a better location

akula1488 said:
I believe Santa Maria is going to be a winner; as it would be Los Altos II but in a better location

Where did you hear/read this?  I really liked Los Altos but not in the Stonegate East location.  Having Los Altos in Stonegate would be fantastic.  Hoping that the prices, HOA, and MR won't be ridiculous though.

For those of you looking at these homes... do the new ones represent a good value compared to resale in Irvine?

Do they represent a good value overall?

I ask because many say that Irvine still has a way to drop but it seems like these are well priced.

Back