San Mateo - Refrigerator depth?

dliberty

Hello!

Anyone here from San Mateo who happens to know what the refrigerator cutout depth is?
I could just go out to the model and measure but I'm being lazy and thought I'd post here and ask first :)

Thanks in advance! :)

the next best thing other than going to the model home is to go to IP's San Mateo website and use their interactive floor plan map with the virtual ruler tool. It helped me quite a bit.

Thanks guys.
It seems like it's the standard 25 inch. I'll go measure anyway just to be safe.
Would a standard depth fridge be suitable for this space? I noticed those run roughly 33 to 36 inches deep and I'm wondering if that would look weird since the fridge will be sticking out.
If anyone has a fridge like this and can share a photo that would be very much appreciated! :)

When we did the walk-thru for our home, the construction supervisor mentioned that we should get a counter depth fridge.  I think we got lucky because a considerable number of our neighbors did not look into this when purchasing.

Also this is not a San Mateo specific issue, I think its across the majority of homes in Stonegate.  I can take a picture of mine if you want

irvinedreaming said:
Thanks guys.
It seems like it's the standard 25 inch. I'll go measure anyway just to be safe.
Would a standard depth fridge be suitable for this space? I noticed those run roughly 33 to 36 inches deep and I'm wondering if that would look weird since the fridge will be sticking out.
If anyone has a fridge like this and can share a photo that would be very much appreciated! :)

you cant buy a brand new house and jack it up with full size fridge if its meant to have a counter depth. may as well put aluminum foil on your windows at that point  :)  i remember when i read our HOA CC&Rs and it specifically called out that aluminum foil was not acceptable as a window treatment, i just started laughing.

Make sure the fridge has a 90 degree plug, otherwise you'll lose a few inches since the plug won't be flush to the wall.  Also need some room for proper circulation and not kinking the water line

qwerty said:
irvinedreaming said:
Thanks guys.

you cant buy a brand new house and jack it up with full size fridge if its meant to have a counter depth. may as well put aluminum foil on your windows at that point  :)  i remember when i read our HOA CC&Rs and it specifically called out that aluminum foil was not acceptable as a window treatment, i just started laughing.
aluminum foil window coverings, what talk about thinking out of the box.  haha

USCTrojanCPA said:
qwerty said:
irvinedreaming said:
Thanks guys.

aluminum foil window coverings, what talk about thinking out of the box.  haha

you have never seen them? growing up in a hispanic neighborhood they were all over the place.

I think all fridges have 90-degree plugs... even my old one from the 90s has one.

I don't know how the fridge space for San Mateo is configured, but I don't mind the standard depth sticking out look.

Then again, I have a big belly so maybe I'm biased.

Thanks!
I did go to the model today and a standard depth fridge would definitely be awkward in that space. Strange though because it seems like counter-depth ones are pretty rare. Most stores only have a few (if any) on display, not to mention they are more expensive for some reason (you'd think a smaller fridge is cheaper than a bigger one).

shallow depth fridges are more expensive and has less room inside.  But they look good.

Ascetics uber alles

Back