San Marino is hurting

rkp

Just got a call from an agent at San Marino.  They have been pounding the phones today as suddenly, many of their reservations from the last phase release backed out.  She said something like 5 of the 7 homes are back on market. 

I asked if Lambert Ranch was an issue and she simply said "there lots of reasons".  I wonder if TIC can just buy the blueprint for TNHC Field 3 and stick it on a san marino lot.  :)

rkp said:
I asked if Lambert Ranch was an issue and she simply said "there lots of reasons".  I wonder if TIC can just buy the blueprint for TNHC Field 3 and stick it on a san marino lot.  :)

The only thing that's changed for a large number if buyers in the past few weeks is LR. Certainly a single family could have had something happen to change their plans, but when 5 of 7 buyers back out, the only possible reason would be LR.

I just went and looked at the floorplans for San Marino. They look awfully familiar, emphasis on the word awful. Gee, they're exactly the same as Toscana at Laguna Altura. I wonder if LR will cause TIC to realize that their floorplans barely warranted being used once, let alone again and again.

I've never been to this community, but if the two of you are bashing it, I can't imagine how bad it must be. Where's test to pile on?

MovingOnUp said:
I've never been to this community, but if the two of you are bashing it, I can't imagine how bad it must be. Where's test to pile on?

its not woodbury but the san marino project specifically which is the same as toscana in LA.  carmel was built before these and TIC tried to replicate but missed the mark.  on smaller lots, carmel offered identical downstairs but an upstairs with a true loft and all bedrooms with their own bathrooms.  TICs first attempt totally fudged this with a shared bathroom upstairs, no loft or second living area. they fixed the bathroom in bedroom issue but still havent hit the mark.  these homes just dont feel big, spacious, or appealing. 

yes i am a fan of LR but also a fan of WB and have made multiple offers over the last year in WB so i am not hating on WB.  and frankly, if things dont work out for us at LR, we might end up in san marino because they are getting much more desperate and throwing in landscaping in some of the lots and all sorts of other stuff. 

check out both and see the difference for yourself.  its even worse when you got to LA and realize its the same plan but with a higher price tag, less amenities, and more HOA and MR.

[TMCC Mode On]
I am not surprised to see San Marino suffering especially with LR coming out - potential San Marino buyers now have the choice to buy large homes zoned to Northwood instead of Irvine HS. The Arbor at Woodbury is another factor. At least for the landfill you don't see it today and it is not yet leaking; but at San Marino you do see these dark-skinned children roaming/playing at Date Palm Square.
[TMCC Mode Off]

irvinehomeshopper said:
I need to go see LR this weekend to figure why Arman and RKP are endorsing it so favorably. I just might bring 4 lemons.

If I put two lemons under my daughter's feet, Will it cure the temper tantrums?  Hmm..  Where can I put the lemons for my wife's issues??  LOL.

TMCC comment "but at San Marino you do see these dark-skinned children roaming/playing at Date Palm Square"
Thanks you for staying away from WB, for real.

davenlei said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
I need to go see LR this weekend to figure why Arman and RKP are endorsing it so favorably. I just might bring 4 lemons.

If I put two lemons under my daughter's feet, Will it cure the temper tantrums?  Hmm..  Where can I put the lemons for my wife's issues??  LOL.

You can put them in....errr nevermind.. :-X

Regarding the comment from TMCC "but at San Marino you do see these dark-skinned children roaming/playing at Date Palm Square." I have clients that are of every race and mixed couples. Is this a community where "dark skinned children" aren't welcome? Are there racial issues there?

not hatred nor racism against certain ethnicity.
From this Bloomberg article posted a while back, 75% of new home buyers today are of Asian descent; Asians prefer Irvine for many things, one of them is racial exclusivity - a two-way city (Caucasian and Asian) that has a manufactured clean image. Being that close to section 8 housing is not something many of these buyers would like. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-...in-california-s-orange-county.html?cmpid=yhoo

Ok so the assumption is the children came from section 8 because their dark skinned. But if they came from more affluent families would they be accepted there? Not to harp but I don't want to push a property to a good family if their children are going to have social issues there.

We finally went by Lambert Ranch today. I can see why San Marino is not selling. Lambert was packed..the homes are nicely done. Landfill, cell tower and rest of all the negatives are not going to matter to many people. It's easy to walk into their models and get carried away.  I like the wok kitchen and the "guest house".  Anyways, out of our price point but we enjoyed our tour.

Back