San Diego "Foreclosure Sanctuary"???

<a href="http://www.knx1070.com/San-Diego--Foreclosure-Sanctuary-/2653288">KNX Article</a>

SAN DIEGO (AP) - San Diego has filed a civil complaint asking a state court to block mortgage lender Countrywide Financial Corp. from foreclosing on subprime borrowers. San Diego City Attorney Michael Aguirre said that he would "like to see San Diego become a foreclosure sanctuary."

Wednesday's filing in San Diego County Superior Court claims Countrywide engaged in predatory lending by selling borrowers loans they could not repay and failing to adequately explain the risks of adjustable-rate loans.

The complaint names Countrywide and its new owner, North Carolina-based Bank of America Corp., along with four former executives and unnamed loan officers and securitization agents.

Bank of America spokeswoman Shirley Norton said she had not seen the complaint and could not comment.

The bank is facing similar suits from the states of California and Illinois.

Yeah, sure... this is gonna work... :roll:

And do they really think B of A / CountryWide is the only Bank foreclosing in San Diego???

I don't know why these people waste time, energy and resources towards lame attempts like this!

[quote author="Girl In the OC" date=1216893277]Yeah, sure... this is gonna work... :roll:

And do they really think B of A / CountryWide is the only Bank foreclosing in San Diego???

I don't know why these people waste time, energy and resources towards lame attempts like this!</blockquote>

Because people (in general) are sheep and somebody (in particular) is looking to get re-elected?

I live in OC but always in SD for the weekends as my significant other lives in SD. I read the local newspaper closely-"The Union Tribune" and can say that the city attorney Michael A (I don't care spell his last name) is a retard. He sues so many organizations and entities. At times, I have to think that this guy is a true retard. The fact that he wants to sue those banks says alots about his stupidity. I have to wonder what are his logic/case for the law suit. I roll my eyes every time I see his name on the news paper. I can go on and on about this guy's stupidity but I prefer not to waste my breath on him.

Good luck with that lawsuit. You see BofA has already said that it may not pay Countryfried's bonds/public debts if they go BK. And, guess who comes to the first of the line when it comes to getting paid in a BK? It isn't the lawsuits, it is the bondholders. Either Mikey here is up for reelection, or he should run for president of the Quail Hill HOA board. Too bad neither SD nor QH will be a sanctuary for foreclosures.

<blockquote>San Diego City Attorney Michael Aguirre said that he would "like to see San Diego become a foreclosure sanctuary."

</blockquote>
Interesting choice of words, as the goal is not to protect or preserve foreclosures. I guess it sounds a lot better than "deadbeat homedebtor sanctuary."

Sounds like the city attorney is trying to make a name for himself to further his career and get himself some press. Why the city would allow him to waste tax payers money on this useless exercise is stupid and proving that he is brilliantly retarded. What are they going to vote for you? Oh, lets stop foreclosures and keep the people in their homes for free instead of having the banks foreclose and pay the property taxes that these people will never pay?

Please stop drinking the Bong water and make some pancakes...

Back