San Carlo Villas...Any Feedback?

mamaguza_IHB

We are about to sign a lease for a townhome at San Carlo Villa. Is there anything we should be aware of? If you live there, or have lived there in the past, what was your experience?

THanks!

I've lived in a townhome at San Carlo for 3 years, and really only have good things to say about it....for the most part we have been very pleased with this place. The floorplans are very good, all updated. Community is much greener and more open space than new IAC properties, and location is awesome. Maintenance team is great. If you have a family you'll probably like it here -- there is a large number of families with kids, probably because there are no 1 bed units.

That said, we are vacating at the end of our 3rd year Dec 31 -- but only for what we believe is an inflated renewal rate....we have no issue with the community. But if you can get in here for what you feel is a fair price, I would recommend. Good luck.

[quote author="mamaguza" date=1225893039]We are about to sign a lease for a townhome at San Carlo Villa. Is there anything we should be aware of? If you live there, or have lived there in the past, what was your experience?

THanks!</blockquote>

San Carlo seems to be a place where extroverts can commune together. I mean your practically already living on top of one another. The court yard is great, seeing as your kitchen and dinning rooms are so small; everyone can pretty much just eat together in the court yard and have a pot-luck every night of the week. Besides, when one unit has a get together, everyone other unit in the complex is automatically invited! I would feel much safer also, knowing that everybody can see each other coming and going. You certainly have to brush up on your social skills as you pass the same neighbor ten times a day, it'll get old really quick if all you talk about is the weather. San Carlo seems like a great place to be if you: always need to borrow a cup of sugar; like unexpected pop by from your next door neighbor; need emergency child care; miss the good old dorm days; are single, cause PS and get pretty borning.

[quote author="roundcorners" date=1225895874][quote author="mamaguza" date=1225893039]We are about to sign a lease for a townhome at San Carlo Villa. Is there anything we should be aware of? If you live there, or have lived there in the past, what was your experience?

THanks!</blockquote>

San Carlo seems to be a place where extroverts can commune together. I mean your practically already living on top of one another. The court yard is great, seeing as your kitchen and dinning rooms are so small; everyone can pretty much just eat together in the court yard and have a pot-luck every night of the week. Besides, when one unit has a get together, everyone other unit in the complex is automatically invited! I would feel much safer also, knowing that everybody can see each other coming and going. You certainly have to brush up on your social skills as you pass the same neighbor ten times a day, it'll get old really quick if all you talk about is the weather. San Carlo seems like a great place to be if you: always need to borrow a cup of sugar; like unexpected pop by from your next door neighbor; need emergency child care; miss the good old dorm days; are single, cause PS can get pretty borning.</blockquote>

roundcorners....Are you thinking of San Carlos at Portola Springs, as opposed to San Carlo Villa (IAC)? Sounds like it....And I agree with all your courtyard observations on San Carlos -- but think this poster meant the San Carlo apartment community.

[quote author="CK" date=1225896325]roundcorners....Are you thinking of San Carlos at Portola Springs, as opposed to San Carlo Villa (IAC)? Sounds like it....And I agree with all your courtyard observations on San Carlos -- but think this poster meant the San Carlo apartment community.</blockquote>

Ooops my bad...

I am very interested in San Carlo Villa, but I am concerned with the amount of parking. The San Carlo staff had to make it very clear that we were only officially allowed to have 2 cars MAXIMUM. We may have 4 cars total.

Is San Carlo street parking safe (won't get towed if you leave your car parked days on end)?

Are there any designated visitor parking?

How was "unofficial" street parking from your experience?

I am concerned because I would be the one bringing the car that would be parked "unofficially," and I will hardly be driving it because I will be commuting by bike. I just don't want San Carlo to target my car for towing or anyone to break into it.

Thanks guys!

Back