Samsung permanently halts Note 7 production

This is sad because the Note 7 is probably Sammy's best phone ever.

They rushed the replacements without proper testing... and now, if the reports are true, it's done.

My question is that there are reports of the iPhone 7 (and even the 6s) catching fire, so why isn't that getting the kind of bad press the Note 7 is?

irvinehomeowner said:
This is sad because the Note 7 is probably Sammy's best phone ever.

They rushed the replacements without proper testing... and now, if the reports are true, it's done.

My question is that there are reports of the iPhone 7 (and even the 6s) catching fire, so why isn't that getting the kind of bad press the Note 7 is?

I think those iPhones exploded under certain heat conditions. The samsungs just blew up

I use a Note 5 and love it. Wish Note 8 (or whatever Samsung decides to rebrand the Note as) would go back to swappable batteries and expandable memory like the Note 4. Perhaps the Note 7 issues may force at least the battery swap design change. By 2017 it will be time to change phones and was hoping to stay with the Note series.

Hard to make a waterproof *thin* phone with a battery you can swap out.

Interestingly enough, the waterproofing and thinness is probably lending to this exploding issue.

Inadequate ventilation and making batteries thinner probably increases the heat and breakdown of the separation layer that keeps the chemicals from interacting.

I was hoping to get a Note 7 once the issues were worked out but I guess I'll have to wait another year... or maybe get the Note 4 (the no SD card on the Note 5 was a bummer... which they put back into the Note 7).

Back