Roof Leak

venkat

We have noticed a leak from the window last 2 times it rained. We thought it is more from windows, but handyman pointed to the small, swollen part of wall above window saying that it could be mold and roof leak is causing it. I see the paint above is the window is showing some minor cracks. I called my home warranty and roof leak is not part of my plan.

Appreciate any suggestions on how to go about fixing it?

TustinRanchResident said:
We have noticed a leak from the window last 2 times it rained. We thought it is more from windows, but handyman pointed to the small, swollen part of wall above window saying that it could be mold and roof leak is causing it. I see the paint above is the window is showing some minor cracks. I called my home warranty and roof leak is not part of my plan.

One of my buyers gave me the name and number to a good roofer which someone else used...let me find the contact info.

TustinRanchResident said:

For most home warrantys (sp?), there is an add-on service (for a fee, of course) called RoofRx.
If your warranty was with AHS, the additional cost is $159 for the first year for a home the size that you purchased. Otherwise I think the cost is $199/year.

You can check the offerings and coverage limits here: www.RoofRx.com or 800.676.8490

Hope this helps. - IR2

Thanks IR2.

Our warranty is with Fidelity. I called RoofRx, they mentioned the price for "Total Roof Warranty Coverage" is $199 for first year - but pre-existing conditions are excluded from coverage. Since we have already established that our roof is leaking, I am not sure if we can get the coverage with out disclosing pre-existing condition.

Any suggestions? Have you or your friends/clients used them before? for pre-existing conditions?

Back