Robbery suspect kills himself during police standoff

<a href="http://www.ocregister.com/articles/irvine-police-boggs-2529639-bank-robbery">Article</a>... just saw that tonight...

Which B of A is that? In the Market Place? Next to the target? What is this city coming to?

[quote author="roundcorners" date=1250333435]

Which B of A is that? In the Market Place? Next to the target?</blockquote>

That would have to be right on the corner, next to Supercuts.

Suspiciously sounds like bk's stories of no one ever being killed in Irvine, they all must be suicides :p .

I am so tired of this type of journalism. It is the B of A in the IRVINE MARKET PLACE within the IPD jurisdiction boundary. I guess just throw in Tustin Police to confuse the reader that the robbery could have taken place in the City of Tustin. It is always self inflicted of course. No body shot, drove or pushed anyone either. Victim rarely died in Irvine but always later in a Santa Ana hospital.

Here is a template:

_,000 block of _____. The victim suffered from a self inflicted wound according to Lt____ of Irvine Police Department. Orange County sheriff, Orange and Tustin Police responded to the call. The victim later died in a Santa Ana hospital.

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1250343143]I am so tired of this type of journalism. It is the B of A in the IRVINE MARKET PLACE within the IPD jurisdiction boundary. I guess just throw in Tustin Police to confuse the reader that the robbery could have taken place in the City of Tustin. It is always self inflicted of course. No body shot, drove or pushed anyone either. Victim rarely died in Irvine but always later in a Santa Ana hospital.

Here is a template:

_,000 block of _____. The victim suffered from a self inflicted wound according to Lt____ of Irvine Police Department. Orange County sheriff, Orange and Tustin Police responded to the call. The victim later<strong> died in a Santa Ana </strong>hospital.</blockquote>

I think they meant the Coroner's Office in Santa Ana.

Could it be he got chased across Jamboree to the Tustin side? haha!

Here is a little more detailed reporting and video...

<a href="http://cbs2.com/local/Bank.Robber.Irvine.2.1129416.html">CBS2 Bank Robbery</a>

The guy was from Fallbrook....so maybe he didn't realize that trying to rob a bank in Irvine would result in cavalry arriving before he could even get out the front door.

What's funny is just last week when we were visiting the ATM there (that's our bank) I told my wife I would never worry about this one getting robbed because there are no good escape routes (right in the middle of the shopping center). I guess I was wrong about it getting robbed, but right about no escape routes...

that is actually really scary,, the guy could have very easily taken out any eyewitness or bystanders eating at the food courts? I know kids run around there all the time especially during that time of day?

[quote author="roundcorners" date=1250377119]that is actually really scary,, the guy could have very easily taken out any eyewitness or bystanders eating at the food courts? I know kids run around there all the time especially during that time of day?</blockquote>

Yeah, it could happen anywhere but admittedly it sort of makes me re-think wanting to buy in that area. I was at the Tustin sports park up the street until 1:30 and was going to take the boys for haircuts there next door at 2:00 but decided to put it off at the last minute as we drove by. I'm glad nobody else was hurt and hope the tellers, customers, and bystanders will forgive him for what they had to see.

B of A had to do as much as damage control with the robbery. It is paramount not to have any one died in the premise regardless self inflicted or not. Superstitious Chinese customers will not go to a place where the a death has occurred.

[quote author="CK" date=1250375453]Here is a little more detailed reporting and video...

<a href="http://cbs2.com/local/Bank.Robber.Irvine.2.1129416.html">CBS2 Bank Robbery</a>

The guy was from Fallbrook....so maybe he didn't realize that trying to rob a bank in Irvine would result in cavalry arriving before he could even get out the front door.

What's funny is just last week when we were visiting the ATM there (that's our bank) I told my wife I would never worry about this one getting robbed because there are no good escape routes (right in the middle of the shopping center). I guess I was wrong about it getting robbed, but right about no escape routes...</blockquote>

Intelligent people usually don't get into these sorts of crimes because they know it is not the best way to make money.

Let me know if you ever want to be a partner with me.... I have a few plans in mind that I want to have another set of eyes to check over. ;)

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1250383496]B of A had to do as much as damage control with the robbery. It is paramount not to have any one died in the premise regardless self inflicted or not. Superstitious Chinese customers will not go to a place where the a death has occurred.</blockquote>

I talked to one of the tellers at the chinese bank inside 99-Ranch on Culver/ICD before they caught the robber, and she completely denail any robbery incidence in her branch. She maybe honestly never heard anything about it, which kind of hard to believe for anyone who works in a place that was robbed a few times in past few months. A few days later, the IPD nailed the robber. I bet she never heard about that either. <roll eyes>

There's an Indian food place right down the sidewalk. I usually go there b/c they have coupon offers. Thank goodness, I didn't receive any coupons from that place as of late. =)

Back