Robbery in Irvine

tmare_IHB

So I ventured out of the safety of my Santa Ana neighborhood to Irvine today for my son's Splashball practice.............

We seem to have lost my son's jammer (speedo type of swimsuit) so I figured they had to sell them somewhere in Irvine since I can't find them anywhere else. I inquired and found out that they sell them at CAS (Competitive Aquatics Supply) on Barranca and Culver. After practice I stopped to get some dinner for my son and headed over to CAS. The door was locked and a woman was on a cell phone hiding under the counter (the 6'4" man waiting with me could see her). She slowly ventured out from behind the counter as she cried and shook her head at us. Soon after a detective showed up and told us that the place had just been robbed and asked us several times if we had seen anyone or anything (we hadn't). If I hadn't stopped to get dinner for my son, both of us would have been in the store at the time of the robbery. The woman was so shaken that she wouldn't even open the door for the detective when he placed his badge up against the glass. It was difficult getting out of the parking lot due to the swarm of officers arriving on the scene. I guess this is what I get for leaving Santa Ana.

[quote author="tmare" date=1253697867]So I ventured out of the safety of my Santa Ana neighborhood to Irvine today for my son's Splashball practice.............

We seem to have lost my son's jammer (speedo type of swimsuit) so I figured they had to sell them somewhere in Irvine since I can't find them anywhere else. I inquired and found out that they sell them at CAS (Competitive Aquatics Supply) on Barranca and Culver. After practice I stopped to get some dinner for my son and headed over to CAS. The door was locked and a woman was on a cell phone hiding under the counter (the 6'4" man waiting with me could see her). She slowly ventured out from behind the counter as she cried and shook her head at us. Soon after a detective showed up and told us that the place had just been robbed and asked us several times if we had seen anyone or anything (we hadn't). If I hadn't stopped to get dinner for my son, both of us would have been in the store at the time of the robbery. The woman was so shaken that she wouldn't even open the door for the detective when he placed his badge up against the glass. It was difficult getting out of the parking lot due to the swarm of officers arriving on the scene. I guess this is what I get for leaving Santa Ana.</blockquote>

Oh sister. I am so sorry! Everything is ok in the ghetto, its ok to leave it for short periods I swear. I will make sure...

[quote author="springmom" date=1253703419]Yikes! How scary.</blockquote>
I know what you are talking about. I am still trying to recover from the mental trauma experienced following a robbery at my residence last year. Thankfully we were not home at the time, but the item stolen was a valued part of a 6 piece collection, and is nearly impossible to recover in its original state. I just hope they catch these thieving scumbags who are destroying our city, and lock them up where they belong.

[quote author="CK" date=1253706371][quote author="springmom" date=1253703419]Yikes! How scary.</blockquote>
I know what you are talking about. I am still trying to recover from the mental trauma experienced following a robbery at my residence last year. Thankfully we were not home at the time, but the item stolen was a valued part of a 6 piece collection, and is nearly impossible to recover in its original state. I just hope they catch these thieving scumbags who are destroying our city, and lock them up where they belong.</blockquote>

You should move to the comfort and safety of Santa Ana, where we have forgotten where we last saw our keys to the front door. I think our front door is only locked at night, to keep the little ones from getting out ;-P .

Looks like the homicide rate in Santa Ana is going up...I think I'll take my chances with potential aquatics-store robberies in Irvine.

<a href="http://www.ocregister.com/articles/crimes-year-violent-2565238-county-property">FBI stats show OC safer, homicides up in Santa Ana</a>

[quote author="traceimage" date=1253710122]Looks like the homicide rate in Santa Ana is going up...I think I'll take my chances with potential aquatics-store robberies in Irvine.

<a href="http://www.ocregister.com/articles/crimes-year-violent-2565238-county-property">FBI stats show OC safer, homicides up in Santa Ana</a></blockquote>

People don't die in Irvine, they wait until they cross into Santa Ana. Just ask the IPD.

[quote author="Nude" date=1253711261][quote author="traceimage" date=1253710122]Looks like the homicide rate in Santa Ana is going up...I think I'll take my chances with potential aquatics-store robberies in Irvine.

<a href="http://www.ocregister.com/articles/crimes-year-violent-2565238-county-property">FBI stats show OC safer, homicides up in Santa Ana</a></blockquote>

People don't die in Irvine, they wait until they cross into Santa Ana. Just ask the IPD.</blockquote>

Or Bk

[quote author="tmare" date=1253711301][quote author="Nude" date=1253711261][quote author="traceimage" date=1253710122]Looks like the homicide rate in Santa Ana is going up...I think I'll take my chances with potential aquatics-store robberies in Irvine.

People don't die in Irvine, they wait until they cross into Santa Ana. Just ask the IPD.</blockquote>

Or Bk</blockquote>

Is there evidence that this is a trend? It would be interesting to see stats on this: how many of the homicides actually occurred in Santa Ana, vs. the ones where the incident occurred in Irvine, but the victim was brought to Santa Ana to die. I'm guessing there aren't that many occurrences, but who knows.

Ok, there were 30 murders reported in Santa Ana in 08. How many of these victims died as a result of injuries inflicted in Irvine?

But on second thought, would this even matter, since it's the YOY homicide rate in Santa Ana that's going up? Unless Irvine started shipping their wounded to Santa Ana to die in 08.

[quote author="CK" date=1253706371][quote author="springmom" date=1253703419]Yikes! How scary.</blockquote>
I know what you are talking about. I am still trying to recover from the mental trauma experienced following a robbery at my residence last year. Thankfully we were not home at the time, but the item stolen was a valued part of a 6 piece collection, and is nearly impossible to recover in its original state. I just hope they catch these thieving scumbags who are destroying our city, and lock them up where they belong.</blockquote>

Me too! People like this make Irvine a truly scary place. People like this, who do these kind of acts, and traumatize people like you... need to be punished. Ruthless hooligans like this need to serve some serious time. Kogi truck line biatch could be a sufficient punishment if you ask me, as long as a 24 piece collection is also returned.

[quote author="traceimage" date=1253710122]Looks like the homicide rate in Santa Ana is going up...I think I'll take my chances with potential aquatics-store robberies in Irvine.

Homicides among gang members are in the South Santa Ana zone. South of 1st Street and North of Dyer Road. Tmare you should not worry about it as long you do not drive into the zone. The homicide locations is actually closer to Village of Columbus than Park Santiago. The majority of deaths were among gang bangers. Must stay out the zone Bristol to Grand and 1st and Dyer. That is the part of Santa Ana that is ruining the reputation of the entire City.

What about the <a href="http://www.ocregister.com/articles/shooting-reported-at-2313898-mainplace-mall-in-santa-ana">gang shooting</a> that happened right outside Mainplace Mall in the middle of the afternoon?

I'm slow... I didn't get this the first time I read it.

I, too, have been a victim of this crime. Although, I'm not sure if it's technically theft since the net is still 5 pieces that I originally did not have.

Back on topic, I am glad to hear that no one was hurt and that tmare and co. was only there for the aftermath.

God you guys, while the incident really did occur yesterday in Irvine as I said, I never intended for any of you to try to start comparing crime in Santa Ana and Irvine, I was just being silly. Go back to your lives in your safe little Irvine where the only thing that ever happens apparently is that homes and businesses are robbed. I'll stay here in Santa Ana and hope I don't get murdered. Does everyone feel better?

[quote author="tmare" date=1253753731]Does everyone feel better?</blockquote>

Not really. I'd like to buy that house that just got foreclosed on across the street from you, if the price is right, and it doesn't have a pool. Are you okay with that?

[quote author="tmare" date=1253753731]God you guys, while the incident really did occur yesterday in Irvine as I said, I never intended for any of you to try to start comparing crime in Santa Ana and Irvine, I was just being silly. Go back to your lives in your safe little Irvine where the only thing that ever happens apparently is that homes and businesses are robbed. I'll stay here in Santa Ana and hope I don't get murdered. Does everyone feel better?</blockquote>

I think your attitude about Irvine can come across as a bit condescending, and that is what ruffles my feathers and makes me google crime stats. It's probably just because this is an internet forum and it is hard to judge tone, etc. I'm gonna try to chill.

I'm glad you weren't injured or anything in the robbery.

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1253758679][quote author="tmare" date=1253753731]Does everyone feel better?</blockquote>

Not really. I'd like to buy that house that just got foreclosed on across the street from you, if the price is right, and it doesn't have a pool. Are you okay with that?</blockquote>

C'mon, no_vas, you know I'm okay with that. There is no pool but it's a funky little house. It is perfect for two people (and a few little dogs). Needs some work but it could be really cute.

I didn't realize how dangerous Irvine has become. I wasn't convinced until I read the<a href="http://www.ocregister.com/articles/police-crime-blotter-2087460-arrest-burglary?City=Irvine&appSession=871196315869323&RecordID;=&PageID=2&PrevPageID;=&cpipage=6&CPISortType;=&CPIorderBy;=">crime blotter</a> in the Register.

<blockquote>What: Burglary

Where: 20 block Augusta Irvine, CA

When: 6:45 p.m. Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Description: A resident reported that a granola bar had been stolen from their yard. They suspected a raccoon or opussum. The bar was found in the resident's backyard.</blockquote>

[quote author="ABC123" date=1253771580]I didn't realize how dangerous Irvine has become. I wasn't convinced until I read the<a href="http://www.ocregister.com/articles/police-crime-blotter-2087460-arrest-burglary?City=Irvine&appSession=871196315869323&RecordID;=&PageID=2&PrevPageID;=&cpipage=6&CPISortType;=&CPIorderBy;=">crime blotter</a> in the Register.

<blockquote>What: Burglary

Where: 20 block Augusta Irvine, CA

When: 6:45 p.m. Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Description: A resident reported that a granola bar had been stolen from their yard. They suspected a raccoon or opussum. The bar was found in the resident's backyard.</blockquote></blockquote>

That is just a tongue and cheek way of saying how safe the city is. Irvine is a very safe city compared to most OC cities.

The credit goes to the law abiding citizens. When IPD decide to alter and void statistic or reduces nature of crime then I found the practice to be unethical and motivated by greed pressured by politicians and their lobbyists. The issue is not picking on Irvine or promoting Santa Ana. We all agree that Santa Ana has its share of crime and we openly discussed and acknowledged it.

The real issue is selective editorial and censorship of the criminal events. We all know that every city will experience crime but why lie about the severity and the ugly nature of the event. What is wrong about telling the public the name of the establishments where the crime was committed so the public know to avoid the places rather than wondering where the heck 2700 block of Acacia is or a food court with a Baja Fresh van parked near by or an apartment in Irvine at some 2,000 block of some "x" street vs Woodbury Court in Woodbury. Why is it significant to say the victim died later in a hospital.

TMare posted her incident with the name of the business and the street intersection not some vague description like 2000 block of Culver and several items were taken from the store.

[quote author="tmare" date=1253753731]God you guys, while the incident really did occur yesterday in Irvine as I said, I never intended for any of you to try to start comparing crime in Santa Ana and Irvine, I was just being silly. Go back to your lives in your safe little Irvine where the only thing that ever happens apparently is that homes and businesses are robbed. I'll stay here in Santa Ana and hope I don't get murdered. Does everyone feel better?</blockquote>

Damn straight!

How dare you burst our little bubble of perceived safety!

just kidding

Back