Riverbend in Orange

I work by CSUF in Anaheim. Riverbend is right on the border of Anaheim. It's right across the river from one of the most beat-up areas of Anaheim/Placentia. Not to mention they have Mello Roos. Seriously, when I think Mello-Roos supported areas, I don't think of that area. Want even more of a laugh? Try Clementine by KBHome (Placentia). Those are seriously right in the bario. I can't imagine anyone with the money would want to buy there.

[quote author="Shadax" date=1215669288]I work by CSUF in Anaheim. Riverbend is right on the border of Anaheim. It's right across the river from one of the most beat-up areas of Anaheim/Placentia. Not to mention they have Mello Roos. Seriously, when I think Mello-Roos supported areas, I don't think of that area. Want even more of a laugh? Try Clementine by KBHome (Placentia). Those are seriously right in the bario. I can't imagine anyone with the money would want to buy there.</blockquote>

I enjoy the dynamic of old pros and newbies here. No one masters all facets of housing. Yes grasshopper you have sucessfully snatched 2 pebbles from IRTeee's hand.

[quote author="IRVINITEEEE" date=1215666716]Is this a good part of Orange ?</blockquote>

i visited there 6 months ago, thought it was ok

how are the prices there now?

[quote author="Trooper" date=1215697699]OMG, GITOC.....I'm rotflmao !!!</blockquote>

I'm not kidding! You know model homes don't have the water on for most of them... can you imagine... someone took a giant S%#T in the toilet, and couldn't flush it!

I feel bad for the person who had to clean it up, with no running water! Yikes! :bug:

[quote author="Girl In the OC" date=1215698254][quote author="Trooper" date=1215697699]OMG, GITOC.....I'm rotflmao !!!</blockquote>

I'm not kidding! You know model homes don't have the water on for most of them... can you imagine... someone took a giant S%#T in the toilet, and couldn't flush it!

I feel bad for the person who had to clean it up, with no running water! Yikes! :bug:</blockquote>
HAHAHAHA OMG, that is the funniest thing I've heard in a while. But hey, when you gotta go...you gotta go, right??? LOL

[quote author="Girl In the OC" date=1215697566]I went there two months ago... was not impressed... with homes, or area.

The model home even had S*%T in the toilet! Gross! :sick:</blockquote>

It must have been one of the Lennar models, they are built so badly, they make you sick.

As for the neighborhood... go drive around the way to Kodiak street at 9pm or later... I dare you to. I would do it, but only if Trooper was driving, and driving her "work" car. If you want to raise the stakes, stick your head out the window and scream out OH VAY SAY, and see how long it takes for the bullets to start flying. You could be cool, and just pick up some dope from there instead.

Oh yeah... and in case you become a drug addict from the dope there, then you won't have to go very far from home, as there is a nice clinic for you on the corner of Lincoln and Glassell.

It ain't no Irvine... yo.

I grew up in Orange. (Near the Riverbend Community) I never found it to be dangerous. I went to all of the public schools around there and it wasn't all that bad. I went to USC for college... if you want to see a dangerous community drive around there! Riverbend is not in the best part of orange, but it isnt in the bad part of Orange either. Of course it's no Irvine, but it's not the ghetto like some people on this forum make it out to be. It's significantly cheaper than Irvine and some of the new communities there are using the same builders too! The only CON I can think of is that it is near a cement factory.

[quote author="MyLifeIsYummy" date=1220442572]I grew up in Orange. (Near the Riverbend Community) I never found it to be dangerous. I went to all of the public schools around there and it wasn't all that bad. I went to USC for college... if you want to see a dangerous community drive around there! Riverbend is not in the best part of orange, but it isnt in the bad part of Orange either. Of course it's no Irvine, but it's not the ghetto like some people on this forum make it out to be. It's significantly cheaper than Irvine and some of the new communities there are using the same builders too! The only CON I can think of is that it is near a cement factory.</blockquote>

I can tell you have never driven down Kodiak street at night, have you? Make sure you yell oh vey say really loudly when you do. If you make it out alive, please post the details of how many bullet holes your car has. k thx

[quote author="Girl In the OC" date=1215698254][quote author="Trooper" date=1215697699]OMG, GITOC.....I'm rotflmao !!!</blockquote>

I feel bad for the person who had to clean it up, with no running water! Yikes! :bug:</blockquote>

There is a plexiglass hot glued to the Toilet rim that is labeled " Do not use". In desperate emergency situation people would lift the plastic and use the toilet even when there is no door in the model home. Sales must have been really slow for people to take a dump and not worrying about others walking in.

The 8-1/2 x 11 sale price sheet insert in the brochure must be really rough for wiping the behind. I bet the decorative towels with fancy bows on the towel rack must be really stinky. I have heard of many stories like this over many years working with model home hostesses including sabotaging competition's model complexes.

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1220495623][quote author="Girl In the OC" date=1215698254][quote author="Trooper" date=1215697699]OMG, GITOC.....I'm rotflmao !!!</blockquote>

There is a plexiglass hot glued to the Toilet rim that is labeled " Do not use". In desperate emergency situation people would lift the plastic and use the toilet even when there is no door in the model home. Sales must have been really slow for people to take a dump and not worrying about others walking in.

The 8-1/2 x 11 sale price sheet insert in the brochure must be really rough for wiping the behind. I bet the decorative towels with fancy bows on the towel rack must be really stinky. I have heard of many stories like this over many years working with model home hostesses including sabotaging competition's model complexes.</blockquote>

Okay, eww. Way foul.

I have been to this development, and it has too huge issues: it is an old quarry, so it is all fill, and as you might now, it is only a matter of time before the house built on the fill sinks. Second, it has some sort of cement factory nearby, so you can enjoy the view of it from your windows and smell whatever stuff is coming out of its smoke stack. The homes aren't that bad, I just think they are overpriced. The neighborhood is sketchy at best.

[quote author="blackacre-seeker" date=1221829060]I have been to this development, and it has too huge issues: it is an old quarry, so it is all fill, and as you might now, it is only a matter of time before the house built on the fill sinks. Second, it has some sort of cement factory nearby, so you can enjoy the view of it from your windows and smell whatever stuff is coming out of its smoke stack. The homes aren't that bad, I just think they are overpriced. The neighborhood is sketchy at best.</blockquote>

The land that the cement factory is on was bought by Lennar. So... in a sense it will be gone at some point, just when is the ultimate question.

As I have posted before, the neighborhood is sketchy. Either the ones who defended the neighborhood took my advice to heart, or they drove down Kodiak street for themselves. If they yelled out oh vey say like I had suggested, then we should look for news articles about a random shooting in Orange.

[quote author="blackacre-seeker" date=1221829060]I have been to this development, and it has too huge issues: it is an old quarry, so it is all fill, and as you might now, it is only a matter of time before the house built on the fill sinks. Second, it has some sort of cement factory nearby, so you can enjoy the view of it from your windows and smell whatever stuff is coming out of its smoke stack. The homes aren't that bad, I just think they are overpriced. The neighborhood is sketchy at best.</blockquote>

The whole site is built on engeneered soil. The removed and recompacted the top 10 yards deep. The soil doesn't fix the problem with the neighborhood, the pricing, or the traffic issues at heavy commute times.

Okay, I signed up on this forum just to ask this question....

<strong>What does "oh vey say" mean?!?</strong> I live in Orange about ten blocks from Riverbend, near Eisenhower Park, and I've never had one problem with crime and never heard of gangs or drugs near here. It's not the newest or poshest of areas, but it's solidly middle class, very quiet, and very pleasant. Lots of 1960's and 70's tract homes and ramblers that are very well taken care of. Many nights we don't even lock our car doors out in the driveway. I've lived here 12 years and have never had one problem with crime, and never heard of anyone in the neighborhood having any issues. It's appears to be extremely safe and rather uneventful. I should note however, that there was a big pepper tree down the block that was TP'ed by the high school kids this summer. That's about as exciting as it gets around here.

But what on earth happens down on Kodiak street? And what does "Oh vey say" mean? I have half a mind to drive down there and try this stunt just to see what happens!

[quote author="MightyAlweg" date=1222618390]Okay, I signed up on this forum just to ask this question....

<strong>What does "oh vey say" mean?!?</strong> I live in Orange about ten blocks from Riverbend, near Eisenhower Park, and I've never had one problem with crime and never heard of gangs or drugs near here. It's not the newest or poshest of areas, but it's solidly middle class, very quiet, and very pleasant. Lots of 1960's and 70's tract homes and ramblers that are very well taken care of. Many nights we don't even lock our car doors out in the driveway. I've lived here 12 years and have never had one problem with crime, and never heard of anyone in the neighborhood having any issues. It's appears to be extremely safe and rather uneventful. I should note however, that there was a big pepper tree down the block that was TP'ed by the high school kids this summer. That's about as exciting as it gets around here.

But what on earth happens down on Kodiak street? And what does "Oh vey say" mean? I have half a mind to drive down there and try this stunt just to see what happens!</blockquote>
Oh Vey Say = OVC = Orange Varrio Cypress gang.

I have no idea what graphrix is talking about. I drove down Kodiak the other night and didn't see anything. If you want to see it during the day, its available on <a href="http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=33.846414,-117.838776&spn=0,359.969788&z=16&layer=c&cbll=33.843029,-117.834203&panoid=avZpCR0Ys0KcKemZk1XlEA&cbp=12,345.9334891395037,,0,1.34375">Google Streetview</a>.

I spent the first 18 years of my life in Orange, the next 12 in Irvine, and now I'm back in Orange. Crime rates are not dramatically different between the two.

Crime Rates: <a href="http://www.cityrating.com/citycrime.asp?city=Irvine&state=CA">Irvine</a> - <a href="http://www.cityrating.com/citycrime.asp?city=Orange&state=CA">Orange</a>

I've never researched crime rates before, perhaps stats for a smaller area (zip code?) would show something. The area all around Kodiak is all middle class SFR though.

I've been renting in Riverbend the last 6 months and I don't smell or hear anything from the adjacent plant. Life in the neighborhood seems the same as Irvine, lots of people out for walks.

Back