RHOC Tamara Barney's house now listed as short sale

Link:

<a href="http://www.redfin.com/CA/Ladera-Ranch/3-Pointe-Cir-92694/home/5963188">http://www.redfin.com/CA/Ladera-Ranch/3-Pointe-Cir-92694/home/5963188</a>

[quote author="awgee" date=1248688107]It seems there is a rule against listing your own property on a short sale?</blockquote>

As an avid fan, I definitely remember her saying she was getting temporarily out of the real estate business.

[quote author="C Delroy Spuckler" date=1248692707][quote author="awgee" date=1248688107]It seems there is a rule against listing your own property on a short sale?</blockquote>

As an avid fan, I definitely remember her saying she was getting temporarily out of the real estate business.</blockquote>

Maybe she could have used Jeana (even though she has her own real estate problems), or maybe Gretchen. Didn't Gretchen dabble in real estate as well? That would make for good TV, since Tamra and Gretchen have such a fiery relationship! Something about Gretchen almost making out with Tamra's son, and dating some guy named Jay while her fiance was suffering through cancer...

Maybe she got a Foreclosure Radar account, and it scared the crap out of her just how many of her neighbors are in foreclosure?

The cursor hand is where her house is, and judging by the overhead shot, the homes just above and the homes just to the right are from the same tract/builder.

http://i26.tinypic.com/1zwhmcx.jpg

What I find funny is the agent she chose is in default on his Ladera condo and in default with the sub-association.

[quote author="graphrix" date=1248704570]

What I find funny is the agent she chose is in default on his Ladera condo and in default with the sub-association.</blockquote>

Uh, that's called first hand experience

Wow. That street just up the hill from them is full of foreclosures...looks like the whole street. That map is about as bad of a foreclosure map as I have ever seen. Especially considering how zoomed in that map is....that's just a small part of Covenant Hills.

I wish the community could call these units what they are: "foreclosures in waiting" and not "short sales". When I attend my area Realtor meetings when a 'Tard comes to pitch a foreclosure in waiting you should hear the groans from the crowd. Even they know these deals are never going to close.

Ladera Ranch: the vortex of vanishing equity - the epicenter of everything that is wrong with Real Estate IMHO

Soylent Green Is People

[quote author="Soylent Green Is People" date=1248738293]I wish the community could call these units what they are: "foreclosures in waiting" and not "short sales". When I attend my area Realtor meetings when a 'Tard comes to pitch a foreclosure in waiting you should hear the groans from the crowd. Even they know these deals are never going to close.

Ladera Ranch: the vortex of vanishing equity - the epicenter of everything that is wrong with Real Estate IMHO

Soylent Green Is People</blockquote>I do not know about the rest of Orange County, but quite a few short sales are closing in Coto de Caza.

[quote author="ArbyOC" date=1248739658]Here's the Register article:

<a href="http://lansner.freedomblogging.com/2009/07/27/housewives-ladera-home-on-market-as-short-sale/30829/">http://lansner.freedomblogging.com/2009/07/27/housewives-ladera-home-on-market-as-short-sale/30829/</a>

</blockquote>

"Previously, when the home was listed late last year, Barney said that she and her husband, Simon, were trying to be opportunistic about the weak housing conditions. They hoped to sell their home and then pounce on one of bargains created by economic turmoil. She said: ?We?ve been wanting to sell, but watching prices going down ? So we?ve decided we?ll bite the bullet.? In February, Barney took the home off the market, saying: ?We gave it a few months and didn?t get offered what we wanted.?"

Wow, what a load of BS.

You couldn't write a script more hilarious than this one!

Tamra and Simon are complete idiots and embody all that is wrong with places like Fraudera Ranch circa 2000-07. What is amazing is that the new season of OC Housewives is currently filming, so it will be interesting to see what Bravo allows to be shown with the Barneys on national television.

One of the Atlanta Housewives also had her home foreclosed in a follow-up show last week, and she of course was the one who was the most vocal and snotty about being "affluent" just one year ago. Of course she is blaming her ex-husband for not paying the mortgage, but she apparently doesn't have a penny to her name and Bravo showed her moving her own boxes out of her foreclosed house.

I wonder if Bravo will show the Barneys shlepping their <em><strong>Tuscan-Inspired!</strong></em> furnishings into a U-Haul pulled by Simon's leased Mercedes?

Redfin is saying the Barney's home has "gone off the market". Anyone here more savvy than me to let us know what that means exactly? Did it sell? Did the bank foreclose? Did the Barney's get a big check from Bravo and pull the house off the market themselves?

[quote author="MightyAlweg" date=1251193715]Redfin is saying the Barney's home has "gone off the market". Anyone here more savvy than me to let us know what that means exactly? Did it sell? Did the bank foreclose? Did the Barney's get a big check from Bravo and pull the house off the market themselves?</blockquote>

Don't see any foreclosure activity on it yet, although they typically take a while to show up. Ditto on the sales front... the property still shows owned by Simon.

Delroy

[quote author="MightyAlweg" date=1251193715]Redfin is saying the Barney's home has "gone off the market". Anyone here more savvy than me to let us know what that means exactly? Did it sell? Did the bank foreclose? Did the Barney's get a big check from Bravo and pull the house off the market themselves?</blockquote>
He purchased the home for $1,320,500 and has a first mortgage of $1,240,000 from WAMU and a second mortgage of $72,500 from WAMU. The property was re-listed on 7/26/09 for $1,149,000 and the status of the listing was changed to "Hold Do Not Show" on 8/21/09 which means that the property is on-hold until further notice.

[quote author="awgee" date=1248688107]It seems there is a rule against listing your own property on a short sale?</blockquote>
The property is listed as a "Standard Sale" but here are the agent-to-agent comments:

"PLEASE NOTE:All offers to be submitted with a Bank of America preapproval letter through this link:http://thebofagreen.com(COPY AND PASTE the LINK into your browser). APPOINTMENT ONLY-very flexable Please call Tammy for showing at XXX-XXXX. Buyer to pay LR enhancment fees. agent is related to seller."

I heard that LR ENHANCEMENT fees are nuts. Maybe Tammy should invest in some English grammar and spelling lessons.

Mrs. Barney also misspelled the word <strong>flexible</strong>. Seriously, did she get a high school diploma, or not?

So did they actually get someone to buy it in a short sale? If so, I wonder where they move to? Lynne Curtin has already got a doozy of a plotline going by being evicted from two rental homes in one summer, so I have no doubt a landlord would wait for the security deposit check to clear the bank before he lets the Barney family move in to a rental home.

Back