Retractable screen for bypass sliding doors

bones

Did a search here and only found threads for single or french doors.

Has anyone looked into or installed retractable screens for bypass doors (multi-panel where one stacks on top of the other)? Looked into EJs (highly recommended here) but their product isn't wide enough. TIA!

Hey bones!

Sorry I'm of no help when it comes to to screen doors... but it's been a while.

Does this mean you are no longer renting? Asking for @zubs spreadsheet. :)

2nd'ing the Screen Mobile recommendation. Matt is the franchise owner for the geographical region I live in (South OC). He was very helpful in the selection process and his installers were outstanding.

I would not recommend the Zig Zag product due to my negative experience with it on my large 4 panel stacking door/window. I used the screen almost daily. It worked fine for the first couple of months, but it deteriorated after that. By year 3 or 4 it was constantly getting stuck despite the installer's attempts to troubleshoot and fix it. During the later years my wife wasn't able to easily open/close the screen, so it was always my job to carefully move the screen into the desired position and fix it when it got stuck. Perhaps Zig Zag has addressed the issues I had with newer revisions and perhaps it works better in particular applications.

I'm currently using the Phantom Screen for my large 4 panel stacking doors/windows. Very happy so far. Expensive, but I would happily pay that price again for a long term positive experience than save money and have the Zig Zag experience again. Good luck to you Tomiki, I hope your ZigZag experience stays positive for many years.

Thanks for the recs. @someguy - I was quoted $2500 for Phantom. Does that sound in the ballpark for a 3 panel bypass slider?
Seems in the range. I think I paid $6,100 for two 4 panel doors, so $3,050 roughly per door. The only savings for the 2nd door was on shipping the product - almost the same cost to ship 2 screens as 1. So yeah, $2,500 sounds about right for a 3 panel door.

Back