Retail Openings and Closures

bones said:
jmoney74 said:
bones said:
playingvideogamesat30 said:
The former Staples location at Woodbury Town Center is becoming a Homegoods. As long as I don't have to go, I think its a good addition. 

Seriously?  Ugh. Disappointed.

Ugh credit card bill will be increasing. Wife loves that store.

Haha. Tell her to step away from the tchotchkes!  I've been in the store a few times and have never walked out with anything. I must be missing something....

well there are particular things she looks for.  She says the clothes selection for kids, while more limited than the regular TJ maxx store, has a better offering with great deals.  Also likes to pick up small gifts and things around the house from time to time. 

good call.  I should really just buy my business shoes at these stores.. save the good ones for going out. 

The sign on the window said just Homegoods, no mention of TJ Maxx. Hopefully it will help bring a tenant to the vacant/Halloween store next door.

Its the same. Tj maxx homegoods.

jmoney74 said:
The sign on the window said just Homegoods, no mention of TJ Maxx. Hopefully it will help bring a tenant to the vacant/Halloween store next door.

Its the same. Tj maxx homegoods.

Not necessarily...there are stand alone TJ Maxx stores and as well as stand alone Homegoods stores (there is one in Laguna Hills).

When I was driving to the Chase branch on Irvine Blvd/Jamboree....I saw several waiters/people setting up tables in the patio area of Famous Daves BBQ.  When the heck are they gonna open? ???

Went to Famous Dave's BBQ today. Guess they opened yesterday. Food was good, service is still working out some kinks. Wasn't busy...probably because nobody knows they are open.

Just wish they had apple butter and warm biscuits.

Went to Famous Dave's BBQ today. Guess they opened yesterday. Food was good, service is still working out some kinks. Wasn't busy...probably because nobody knows they are open.

Sweet, thanks for the heads up.

I was outside there today right before they opened and saw the staff taking a group photo. Didn't know it was brand new..

Ugly pie $3 pizza grand opening event
7/18 from 6pm - 9pm
7/19 from 9am - 12pm
Create your own pizza only. No specialty toppings.  One per customer.

Nice... Irvine needs more breakfast places.

Yen (Zen?) Sushi closed in the Alton center off of Alton/Jeffrey. Was getting donuts and saw the windows blacked out.

They had been there forever.

Read an article today in a real newspaper that Holsteins like others mentioned will be open soon in August at the old Charlie Palmer place in SCP.  Burgers will be on average $3 cheaper than its Vegas prices. 

traceimage said:
Even though I am totally opposed to expensive cookies, we tried Cookie Connection today because we were in the area and my son wanted a cookie. The cookies looked like nothing special to me, but he said it was the BEST SUGAR COOKIE HE'S HAD IN HIS WHOLE LIFE. He also tried a snickerdoodle because he got a second cookie free and it was the BEST SNICKERDOODLE HE'S HAD IN HIS WHOLE LIFE. So there's that. Rave reviews from the little kid demographic.
Finally tried Cookie Connection... I think the plus here is they have TONS of cookies to choose from, the con being they are expensive ($2.50?). Their oatmeal was pretty good... as was their choco chip, but for $2.50 the cookies should be at least 50% larger.

They also sell ice cream which was weird since Creamistry is around the corner, TIC never really cares about competing venues.

Back