Require Trash Haulers to use 133/241 Toll Roads

Hopefully, doesn't include the nosey Tokyo old, neighbor, housewives that bark at you if you sort the garbage incorrectly.  :p

Tyler Durden said:
if the root cause of the dissatisfaction is the amount of trucks going down the street, would it not be a better idea to reduce the amount of garbage going to the landfill?

People could sort their garbage 5 ways like in Tokyo and it would reduce the amount going to the landfill since it would sort out some to be incinerated and other material to be composted.

https://medium.com/the-magazine/af3e96e654d5

1*y6g2kco9ZrzDf0ENLe2LtA.png

Maybe I'm in a small minority...perhaps even just a party of one...but I really don't care at all about the trucks going to the landfill, and I travel back and forth on Sand Canyon and Jeffrey about 4 times a day.  I've never really seen any truck drop trash....I'd rather see waste management spend money to build up a CNG fleet of trucks than spend money to use the toll roads. That is something that will benefit everyone...

I would never say never and definitely never rule out anything.  If enough people support the idea and let their elected officials know about it, then it will happen.  We live in a democracy and that is a great thing.  Too many people throw in the towel before even trying. 

Which exit would a dump truck take from the Toll Road to get to the dump?

According to this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_State_Route_241) these are the exits:

Portola Pkwy
SR 133
Santiago Canyon
SR 261

None of those roads go straight to the dump

Or just do it like Costa Mesa, use one bin and contract with the hauler to sort and recycle.

Tyler Durden said:
if the root cause of the dissatisfaction is the amount of trucks going down the street, would it not be a better idea to reduce the amount of garbage going to the landfill?

People could sort their garbage 5 ways like in Tokyo and it would reduce the amount going to the landfill since it would sort out some to be incinerated and other material to be composted.

https://medium.com/the-magazine/af3e96e654d5

1*y6g2kco9ZrzDf0ENLe2LtA.png

from the 241 it would be portola parkway.
from the 133 it would be irvine blvd.
i live in PS and i'd prefer they go all the way around using jamboree to portola parkway. 

Park said:
from the 241 it would be portola parkway.
from the 133 it would be irvine blvd.
i live in PS and i'd prefer they go all the way around using jamboree to portola parkway.

I live in PS too so the toll roads wouldn't help at all as they'd still drive on sand canyon / portola. In fact they'd drive on portola more with your plan.

They really mostly drive during the day and since I'm generally at work during the day I barely notice them.

There is a reason why you shouldn't buy in Portola, Woodbury, Stonegate, etc.  I knew those trash halers were going up and down Sand Canyon. Stop complaining. You knew about this before you bought. Tough luck.

Back