Requesting a patio deck builder referral

One of my good friends is looking to rip out his old patio deck (the home is on a raised foundation) due to termite damage and is looking to build a new deck. Anyone have any good referrals I can to him? Thanks in advance.

[quote author="USCTrojanCPA" date=1257333051]One of my good friends is looking to rip out his old patio deck (the home is on a raised foundation) due to termite damage and is looking to build a new deck. Anyone have any good referrals I can to him? Thanks in advance.</blockquote>

I gave you his phone number. Use it.

[quote author="graphrix" date=1257338691][quote author="USCTrojanCPA" date=1257333051]One of my good friends is looking to rip out his old patio deck (the home is on a raised foundation) due to termite damage and is looking to build a new deck. Anyone have any good referrals I can to him? Thanks in advance.</blockquote>

I gave you his phone number. Use it.</blockquote>

Hey, I think I gave it to him after you gave it to me. I told him to use it too. :)

"He" is also repairing the block wall that some chick with no brakes ran into at my house. Yes, he is my friend, but the work is exceptional and not because it is me. Heh, we even joked about how it is "just me" and how they could have done a decent job vs. an exceptional job because I would be happy with that. It's just a block wall that took 30+ years to be run into. But, the grout lines are perfect, two levels are used to make sure each block is level, stronger re-bar is being replaced vertically, horizontally real re-bar is being used instead of the cheap wire that was previously there, and... they are filling every single block with cement when code is only every other one. The next time someone runs into that block wall is going to be very sorry.

If anyone wants a contractor who does the job right and for a reasonable price, please feel free to ping me, tmare or t-man. He can do just about anything and if he can't, he won't BS you and tell you that he can. IR2 has also used his services and I am hopeful he will have the same happy referral as well.

[quote author="graphrix" date=1257345180]"He" is also repairing the block wall that some chick with no brakes ran into at my house. Yes, he is my friend, but the work is exceptional and not because it is me. Heh, we even joked about how it is "just me" and how they could have done a decent job vs. an exceptional job because I would be happy with that. It's just a block wall that took 30+ years to be run into. But, the grout lines are perfect, two levels are used to make sure each block is level, stronger re-bar is being replaced vertically, horizontally real re-bar is being used instead of the cheap wire that was previously there, and... they are filling every single block with cement when code is only every other one. The next time someone runs into that block wall is going to be very sorry.

If anyone wants a contractor who does the job right and for a reasonable price, please feel free to ping me, tmare or t-man. He can do just about anything and if he can't, he won't BS you and tell you that he can. IR2 has also used his services and I am hopeful he will have the same happy referral as well.</blockquote>
I had no idea he could take care of that...I'll definitely pass his name along to my friend. He did a great on my buyer's window casing.

[quote author="USCTrojanCPA" date=1257333051]One of my good friends is looking to rip out his old patio deck (the home is on a raised foundation) due to termite damage and is looking to build a new deck. Anyone have any good referrals I can to him? Thanks in advance.</blockquote>

Wait . . . Are you saying that there is something your family members can't do?

[quote author="EvaLSeraphim" date=1257347921][quote author="USCTrojanCPA" date=1257333051]One of my good friends is looking to rip out his old patio deck (the home is on a raised foundation) due to termite damage and is looking to build a new deck. Anyone have any good referrals I can to him? Thanks in advance.</blockquote>

Wait . . . Are you saying that there is something your family members can't do?</blockquote>
Nah, building a patio deck for my dad is a bit out of his skill set...he likes to stick to indoor projects.

[quote author="USCTrojanCPA" date=1257345876]I had no idea he could take care of that...I'll definitely pass his name along to my friend. He did a great on my buyer's window casing.</blockquote>

Yeah, sorry if I didn't make it clear before... "he" is much more than a "handyman". In fact, if it ever becomes a possibility, I will find a lot in N. Tustin and have a BK designed house built by "him". He also has experience with older "vintage" homes and he did a very tasteful remodel for a home in the LBC. He prides himself on the knowledge he has and quality of work he does. I think even BK would approve.

Oh... and he has some new cool and fan-dangled way to refinish hardwood floors in a day. I've seen the work myself, so much better than the old way.

Back