Reporting Wreckless Driver: Black Tahoe 5XAW920 license

frank69m_IHB

So yesterday, I was driving on Irvine Center Drive around 5pm, this dumb a!@ in a Black Chevy Tahoe License 5XAW920 comes speeding behind me cuts into another lane, goes about 70mph, cuts again, then someone just happens to go in his lane, he gets pissed off, switches 2 lanes over, seeds up, then cuts in front of that guy. While cutting in and out of lanes, he almost tips over cause he's going so fast in an suv...all this time doesn't signal.

I'm not sure how you report idiots like this cause you kinda have to have proof to a cop.

I took down his info. What jerk. Anyone seen this.

This sounds like typical irvine & newport beach driving to me. I would get Carpal Tunnel Syndrome if i wrote down the license plate of every reckless driver I encountered. It's best just to keep your distance from all of the selfish crazies out there.

I will say this. I have lived in one of the most dangerous southside of Santa Ana for nearly 30 years. I have seen alot of bloody crime scenes. And rarely do I encounter reckless drivers as I have witnessed in Irvine for the last 5 years. In Santa Ana I don't ever recall drivers tailgating me. But here in Irvine, it's a daily encounter.

I have often wonder why this is so? My only logical conclusion is: It's possible that there's a perception of danger in south Santa Ana. Where you don't know if the driver next to you might carry a gun. So when people drive in the dangerous part of Santa Ana. There's a level of respect and fear. I suppose people in Irvine know that it's "safe". Therefore, I can just drive as I please. But I dare they take this driving attitude to south SA.

[quote author="reason" date=1248993104] My only logical conclusion is: It's possible that there's a perception of danger in south Santa Ana. Where you don't know if the driver next to you might carry a gun. So when people drive in the dangerous part of Santa Ana. There's a level of respect and fear. I suppose people in Irvine know that it's "safe". Therefore, I can just drive as I please. But I dare they take this driving attitude to south SA.</blockquote>

You hit the nail right on the head.

Other than the occasional true psychopath, most people who engage in degenerate behavior do so because they know there is nothing anyone else can do about it. How many times have you seen an a**hole respond when confronted with "so sue me" or "go ahead and call the cops". This is because the miscreant believes society is limited to one recourse for dealing with his behavior: to prosecute a claim against him before some sort of tribunal, which the miscreant knows is unlikely or ineffective. Of course pursuing a claim is not the only recourse. There is an Option B: blow the miscreant's head off with a .44 mag. People who live in bad neighborhoods know about Option B.

You got it all wrong. He was just <a href="http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/uptospeed/2009/07/jerks-making-your-commute-a-little-better.html">helping to ease traffic</a>.

The reason Santa Ana drivers drive cautiously because they do not want to be stopped for any traffic violation. They have no legal status, no insurance, no driver license, outstanding warrants, and etc. Legal drivers also drive safely because they do not want to get hit by an uninsured motorist.

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1249026172]The reason Santa Ana drivers drive cautiously because they do not want to be stopped for any traffic violation. They have no legal status, no insurance, no driver license, outstanding warrants, and etc. Legal drivers also drive safely because they do not want to get hit by an uninsured motorist.</blockquote>

Oh and welcome to Santa Ana!

Another thought is the architecture is so bland in Irvine and there is really nothing to see so drivers speed over 50mph while in Santa Ana the city is full of architectural gems that drivers drive slow to admire the architectural details. That is me of course and I am telling you the truth.

[Searches for old EM generator]----

Either that or I hit their car with a taser like device that pumps a few KW of high current energy into their car.

[quote author="frank69m" date=1248984276]So yesterday, I was driving on Irvine Center Drive around 5pm, this dumb a!@ in a Black Chevy Tahoe License 5XAW920 comes speeding behind me cuts into another lane, goes about 70mph, cuts again, then someone just happens to go in his lane, he gets pissed off, switches 2 lanes over, seeds up, then cuts in front of that guy. While cutting in and out of lanes, he almost tips over cause he's going so fast in an suv...all this time doesn't signal.

I'm not sure how you report idiots like this cause you kinda have to have proof to a cop.

I took down his info. What jerk. Anyone seen this.</blockquote>

Slower traffic keep the **** right. Maybe if you got the **** out of my way I wouldn't have to swerve dangerously to avoid a ******* accident!

[quote author="asianinvasian" date=1249032198][quote author="frank69m" date=1248984276]So yesterday, I was driving on Irvine Center Drive around 5pm, this dumb a!@ in a Black Chevy Tahoe License 5XAW920 comes speeding behind me cuts into another lane, goes about 70mph, cuts again, then someone just happens to go in his lane, he gets pissed off, switches 2 lanes over, seeds up, then cuts in front of that guy. While cutting in and out of lanes, he almost tips over cause he's going so fast in an suv...all this time doesn't signal.

I took down his info. What jerk. Anyone seen this.</blockquote>

Slower traffic keep the **** right. Maybe if you got the **** out of my way I wouldn't have to swerve dangerously to avoid a ******* accident!</blockquote>

What were you doing on the Irvine Center Drive side? You should be on the Edinger side.

[quote author="High Gravity" date=1248994658][quote author="reason" date=1248993104] My only logical conclusion is: It's possible that there's a perception of danger in south Santa Ana. Where you don't know if the driver next to you might carry a gun. So when people drive in the dangerous part of Santa Ana. There's a level of respect and fear. I suppose people in Irvine know that it's "safe". Therefore, I can just drive as I please. But I dare they take this driving attitude to south SA.</blockquote>

Other than the occasional true psychopath, most people who engage in degenerate behavior do so because they know there is nothing anyone else can do about it. How many times have you seen an a**hole respond when confronted with "so sue me" or "go ahead and call the cops". This is because the miscreant believes society is limited to one recourse for dealing with his behavior: to prosecute a claim against him before some sort of tribunal, which the miscreant knows is unlikely or ineffective. Of course pursuing a claim is not the only recourse. There is an Option B: blow the miscreant's head off with a .44 mag. People who live in bad neighborhoods know about Option B.</blockquote>

That might be some of it, but much of what I've seen would indicate an entitlement and "I'm so important" attitude. It says a lot about someone's priorities when they are willing to put other people at risk simply so they can get somewhere faster.

[quote author="EvaLSeraphim" date=1249037484][quote author="High Gravity" date=1248994658][quote author="reason" date=1248993104] My only logical conclusion is: It's possible that there's a perception of danger in south Santa Ana. Where you don't know if the driver next to you might carry a gun. So when people drive in the dangerous part of Santa Ana. There's a level of respect and fear. I suppose people in Irvine know that it's "safe". Therefore, I can just drive as I please. But I dare they take this driving attitude to south SA.</blockquote>

Other than the occasional true psychopath, most people who engage in degenerate behavior do so because they know there is nothing anyone else can do about it. How many times have you seen an a**hole respond when confronted with "so sue me" or "go ahead and call the cops". This is because the miscreant believes society is limited to one recourse for dealing with his behavior: to prosecute a claim against him before some sort of tribunal, which the miscreant knows is unlikely or ineffective. Of course pursuing a claim is not the only recourse. There is an Option B: blow the miscreant's head off with a .44 mag. People who live in bad neighborhoods know about Option B.</blockquote>

That might be some of it, but much of what I've seen would indicate an entitlement and "I'm so important" attitude. It says a lot about someone's priorities when they are willing to put other people at risk simply so they can get somewhere faster.</blockquote>

I have often thought about that, also. Regarding certain Irvine drivers. I swear they think they're entitled and important than others. Hence, they'll just tailgate you or cut you off just to beat you to the stop sign.

Sorry peeps, but I find the Irvine drivers downright civilized. You guys should go visit Boston or Dubai. You would come back with a renewed appreciation of just how good you got it here.

[quote author="gypsyuma" date=1249200268]You guys should go visit <strong>Boston</strong> or Dubai.</blockquote>

Boston drivers rock! They all drive like me! There are no painted lanes there, so who the hell knows if it is really four lanes or really just three. The best part... you put on your blinker and they know you mean business. Try putting your blinker on in NJ... those a-holes will speed up, and speed up hard. Boston drivers just go hahd and faz all of the time, the way it should be. Why waste time when you could be in the fens at the sax game?

[quote author="gypsyuma" date=1249200268]Sorry peeps, but I find the Irvine drivers downright civilized. You guys should go visit Boston or Dubai. You would come back with a renewed appreciation of just how good you got it here.</blockquote>

As a former Mass-hole, driving in Boston is simple. Assume people are slightly incompetent, slightly selfish, but are afraid of dying.

Drive like you don't care about your car, and people will respect your space- once you show any hesitation or weakness, game over.

On the other hand, 405 scares the @*#$ out of me. 5-10% drive way too slow and break too soon, 5-10% drive way too fast and break too late. Too many people are willing to kill themselves and those around them over 1 car length. I've witnessed way too many people using both hands to light a smoke, open a bag a chips, or eat a sandwich as they drift into my lane. Everytime I drive to San Diego I feel like I'm tempting fate. Boston is much more straightforward.

Back