Replaced the screws for my front door.

When your neighbor went on vacation and got robbed. It might be someone close. (Tells his coworkers I?m going to Tahiti and too bad your not. Might be a neighbor. Might be an affiliate of the Gardner.)

Also, if there are flyers and newspaper outside your front door. (That might attract unwanted people)

This could of been a random act from someone from the inner city hood. But for the crime to happen when your neighbor was on vacation I don?t think so.

Park said:
Been in Irvine since 2007. 
I've had a neighbor who's side door leading into the garage was kicked in by a burglar while they were on vacation. 
I've also caught a person trying to pry open my back door at 430am and was able to scare him off when I confronted him through the door.  He doesn't know it but he's lucky to be alive.  Had I been a little slower by 20 seconds or so, it would have turned out very differently.

Liar Loan said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Do you live in Irvine?

What are you worried about? No crime happens in Irvine. You can leave your door unlocked.

Now that the underreporting of crime stats has caught up with the LAPD, do you think other large so called "safest cities" like Irvine will now be exposed?

Unlikely, too much money involves since low crime rate sell homes and rent out apartments.

Besides, according some police officers, job at IPD is highly desirable, not many at IPD willing to risk their dream job.  And by under report crimes, less paper work they have to deal with, win win. 

Back