Rental Story -- Just thought I'd share. . .

So, we have an Oak Creek 2/2.5 condo we're trying to rent out. I've been fielding the calls, and all were fairly straightforward bites except when the UCI college girl calls with interest. I tell that I'm not in the area, but that the next day, I could show it.

When I call her, she has to reorient herself as to which place I have. Looking over her notes, she says "oh, you were the 2100, right?" I told her yes, and then she asks. . .

"Is that per month or per year?"

I was perplexed and amused. I did my best not to laugh, and figured that this was probably her first experience looking for a rental. Poor girl, if it were only that cheap!

<p>ISB,</p>

<p>Very cute story. My stories are usually not as cute. I have crooks with bad credits and judgements trying to get free rent. These crooks prey on unsuspectful agents and try to submit fake credit reports. I can imagine FSBOs are good target.</p>

That story reminds me of a girl from my high school. During Stats AP class in senior year (2000) she asked her friends: "do you guys ever wonder how much houses are? are they like...20k?"

One of her friends: "more like 200k you $%^!ing moron!"

I was sitting across the room, laughing my ass off. She would get the last laugh...she went on to Cal while I went on to UCI...

Does anybody remember the Taxi episode called <a href="http://www.tv.com/taxi/the-apartment/episode/130/recap.html">The Apartment</a>? Probably shows my age...

When it is discovered that Latka is living at the garage after being kicked out of his apartment, Alex helps him find a place. Latka is able to find one on his own and invites Alex to see it.

The apartment appears to be a beautiful luxury penthouse, <strong><em>and he has misunderstood that the $3000 rent is monthly, as opposed to a one time fee. </em></strong>Alex is about to get Latka out of the arrangement, when he gets the bright idea that the whole gang can share the apartment for the month and see how the other half lives.

When the month is up, the gang is reluctant to give up their decadent new lifestyle, so they decide to throw a "rent party" in the hopes of staying another month. However, all the party goers (except Elaine) are male and demand their money back when they see there are no available women.

Having lost their apartment, the cabbies agree to help Latka find a new place.

The best tenant I once had was an UCI girl with a rich daddy.. he paid her rent 3 or 4 months at a time, in advance. So every 3-4 months I got a fat cheque. I was very sad when she moved out. :(

Hey I was a UCI student! 2100 a year, that sounds like a great deal! hahah

anyone have a cheap 1 bedroom for rent? do I get the irvinehousing blog discount?

<p>justin, what do u consider cheap? if you decide on an IAC apt, find someone who is already living there and see if they'll split the referral bonus with you ($200-$400). the apt we're in has $1000 move in, plus $400 referral bonus.</p>

Which apartments are those? I want to rent out someone's condo, that way I can get a non-corporate discount, renting from one major company always keeps pricing up.

justin, sounds like a good idea. just make sure you find a legitimate owner/landlord... not one that's about to hit foreclosure which might mean you'd have to move again!

I know what you mean! I"m waiting for a new century executives house to foreclose so I can snatch it up, haha i wish!

nah but the only way for a renter to not waste money is by renting from someone personally, not a corporation which is all about profit.

Back