Relationships

bitmaster20 said:
This thread reminded me of this video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoqpjOZxf2M

Oh my God. That was hilarious! I cried laughing! The reason it's funny is because it's so true. I watched a few more of the Youtube videos and then decided to just buy the DVD set on Amazon. It'll be here Thursday. Thanks for the recommendation. I never knew there was a "nothing box" -- that certainly explains a lot!  ::) I'm looking forward to watching the rest.

irvinehomeowner said:
So does this thread mean that SoCal wants her hubby to be jelly?

I don't really want to get beat up for answering this truthfully but here it is. I think this will only make sense to women as several others I've talked to about it all agree. YES, we -- not just me -- want you guys to be just a *little bit* jealous when it happens. It hurts a little bit when there's zero reaction. No, we don't want you to blow up our phones and falsely accuse us of things we haven't done. But sometimes I think not reacting at all is just as bad. 'Cause it looks a lot like not caring / lethargic complacency. Don't we all want to be valued??

So, Iho, when women flirt w/ you, you don't like it if Mrs. Iho reacts even slightly? Meanwhile, how do you take it when the opposite occurs?

I know men don't seem to appreciate crazy-rampage jealousy but sometimes I think they also like it a little bit. For instance, one time Mr. SoCal helped set up a new lady's computer at work and showed her how to use some programs. She was sooo thankful that she bought him a potted plant with a handwritten notecard expressing her utmost thanks for him. He brought it home, with glee seeping out of his face... but only because he seemed to know what I would think. He went to another room for a few minutes and when he got back, I asked (*calmly*): "So. Who is she and what does she look like?" He answered. Then, he asked: "Where's the plant?" Me: "In the trash." He busted out laughing. He still laughs about it today if it comes up. I think he likes that I'm possessive. I guess I thought most men do. I don't mean tire-slashing jealous but ya know -- caring.

peppy said:
Get hims on a regiment of testosterone supplement and excessive amounts of anabolic steroids. He'll be hulking anytime someone even looks at her. Side effects may be a balding head and susceptibility to heart attacks. 

Yeah, I don't want him to go all "O.J." on me. What's weird is he has had problems with his temper in the past. But never about this. So strange.

bitmaster20 said:
This thread reminded me of this video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoqpjOZxf2M

The video set arrived. We watched "The Tale of Two Brains, Pt. 1" last night. It's a good video. Just when I think I finally, completely understand the way men think 100%:

Me: "So, how are your parents doing?"

Him: "Doin' alright."

Me: "Okay, so no health problems or anything."

Him: "Well, my dad has Stage 2 cancer... but other than that..."

Me: "WHAAAAAT?!!? Back up!"

:eek:

Apparently, I will never completely get the way their brains work. I guess he didn't want to "open that box" in his brain and when I asked how they are, he was careful not to touch any other boxes (i.e. cancer), as Mark Gungor would say. o_O If I hadn't specifically asked, who knows if he was ever planning to say anything. He found out last week but wasn't planning on mentioning it unless it came up in conversation... what the heck? MEN!  ???

Back